Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A new way to Color


I am so excited that Stampin' Up! is going to be selling Blendabilities - our version of alcohol markers! I have wanted to try alcohol markers for years and now I can! 
I have always loved watercoloring with Stampin' Up!'s water based markers so I thought alcohol markers would be similar - just permanent. But there is definitely a learning curve and I am more than willing to practice. 

Today's card uses this sketch from Clean and Simple Sketches. I followed it very closely.

The flower is from a hostess set called Bloom with Hope. It is in the new catalog available on June 2nd.  This stamp set has lots of flowers to color and all of them work well with the Blendabilities markers. 

And I freely admit I am not a fan of purple but I actually think I like the new In Color Blackberry Bliss. It is dark and rich and really does look like a blackberry. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! My Online Store found here.

Stamps: Bloom with Hope (available June 2nd), Lots of Thanks
Card Stock: Whisper White, Gold Foil, Blackberry Bliss (avail. June 2)
Ink: Blendabilities markers (avail. June 2), Black Memento (avail. June 2), blackberry bliss (avail. June 2)
Other: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Scallop border punch, dimensional

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...