Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Oh, Hello Edition


Welcome to the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop where everyone features the same stamp set. This time we are showing you creative ways to use the stamp set, Oh, Hello. 

If you arrived from Shana Gaff's blog, then you are in the right place. If I am your first stop, that is ok too. Follow the links and the Hop will go full circle. 

Please Note: The Blog Hop officially begins, Monday, April 7th. 
Be aware that all of the links may not work until then.

To create my card, I used markers on the flower image and stamped twice before reinking. I did this 3 times to make a bouquet of flowers. Then I needed a vase. I punched an oval and masked the top and bottom so when I stamped the chevron image, it created a stripe. Some trimming and sponging and I had my vase! 

Stamps: Oh, Hello, Gorgeous Grunge (for the speckles)
Paper: Venetian Romance 
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pear Pizzazz
Other: Extra Large Oval Punch, sponge, Big Shot, Framed Tulips folder, Large Scallop Edgelit, Vintage Button, Bakers Twine

I wanted to also create a project that was a little outside the box. Since Easter is around the corner, I got the idea to create Easter Eggs using the oval chevron image and the patterned arrow image. All 3 eggs were cut with Oval Framelits. The Coastal Cabana egg was stamped with the chevrons going vertically. The Daffodil Delight egg was stamped so the chevrons go horizontally - thus the little bit of Daffodil Delight card stock showing. I stamped it with Whisper White craft ink and then embossed it with white. And the Melon Mambo egg was stamped using a Stamp-a-ma-jig. 

Stamps: Oh, Hello, Delightful Dozen
Paper: Pearl Pizzaz
Card Stock: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Versamark
Other: White Embossing Powder, sponge, Stamp-a-ma-jig, In Color Embellishment, Simply Pressed Clay, Button and Blossom Mold, dimensionals, Organza Ribbon, Big Shot, Chevron folder, Oval framelits

And now it is time to move on. Your next stop on the Blog Hop is Cindy Beach's blog. 

Thanks for stopping. I hope you were inspired!

20 comments:

Shana Gaff said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa! I love your vase of flowers that you created and those eggs are too cute! It's funny because every time I look at that stamp, all I see an egg! But I never thought to actually turn it into one. lol DUH!

MaryR said...

such beautiful cards! I don't even know if I could pick a favorite between the two - love them!

Kerry Willard Bray said...

Love these projects, Lisa! Both are beautiful! Those Easter eggs are very fun!

Dawn Tidd said...

Two awesome projects, Lisa! I love how you stamped the layers of flowers for your adorable vase. The eggs are really cute sitting in the grass!

Yapha said...

Great cards! I love that vase of flowers -- very clever! Super cute Easter Eggs, too!

Nancy Smith said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love the vase of flowers and he Easter eggs are adorable!

Wendy Weixler said...

A DOUBLE HOMERUN, Lisa!! How super creative!! LOVE those Easter eggs!!! Both cards are fab! :)

Heidi Baks said...

Oh how creative, Lisa! I just love your flower pot.. oh wait.. I love your eggs. Love them both!

Mike said...

Both of your creations are so unique. Love the vase of flowers and the Easter eggs are sheer brilliance! Gonna case that idea!

rubberredneck said...

You are a creative genius!! lol I love the vase card so pretty and the egg card oh my gosh!! AWESOME!!!!

Deb said...

Awesome and beautiful cards! I love that vase!! So creative!! And those eggs are genius!! What a great way to use this stamp set!!

Cathy King said...

My favorite of all!!! So striking! Love this!!

Paula said...

I pinned both of your cards. They are just amazing. That first one is a "wow" for sure and the eggs are so fun for Spring.

Jill Coleman said...

Lisa your cards are so creative. Love the vase of flowers on the first and how cute to create eggs with the images from the set.

Carol Carriveau said...

Totally love both of your projects! Love how everyone has their own take on how to use just one stamp set. Your colors and designs on both are fabulous!!!!

Tanya Boser said...

Those eggs are darling! And the vase on the first card is delightful! I really love the layout and the layers on the first card too. Great cards, Lisa :)

Margaret said...

I really like the flowers - they remind me of geraniums the way you have clustered and stamped off - and what a great idea for he eggs!

Betty said...

I always love your delicate feminine cards. The bouquet is so sweet. The contrast of patterns on the eggs creates a very dynamic and fun card!

Rita Wright said...

Easter eggs! How clever! I love the vase of flowers too. Very outside the box ideas that look amazing.

Jessica said...

Wouldn't it be fun if we could die chevrons on our egs! Hmmm has anyone ever stamped right on an egg? Well anyway, love the vase of flowers and the colors too. TFS Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...