Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pleasant Poppies in Oval Frame


Welcome to another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary! It is a sketch challenge this week as you can see.
I played around with it and ended up with a "sort of" sympathy card. 
To create the background, I used En Francais Background (RETIRING)stamp and Sahara Sand ink. I inked up the stamp and placed the card stock on top of the image. Then I rubbed lightly. The words are darker in places which is just the look I wanted.

Next, I made the poppies by stamping Pleasant Poppies Background stamp with Black Stazon. I used a Raspberry Ripple marker and an aqua painter to color them and added some sahara sand ink around their edges to add some depth. Finally, I punched it with the XL Oval Punch and put a Black Candy Dot in 2 of the poppies' centers.

I guess I didn't realize there was so many steps to this card! To create the frame, I embossed the oval with the Designer Frame Embossing Folder (RETIRING). Then I punched out the center and cut the outer edge by hand. To assemble it I first layered the colored oval on top of the designer paper squares. Then I added the oval frame with dimensionals so it was raised up a little.

Notice how I rounded some corners: The card base, the background layer, and of course the designer paper squares.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

  • Retiring Stamps. While supplies last. Click Here
  • Retiring Accessories. While supplies last. Click Here.


Stamps: Pleasant Poppies background, En Francais background (RETIRING), A Dozen Thoughts 
Paper: Modern Medley designer paper (RETIRING)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla
Ink: Black Stazon, Raspberry Ripple, Sahara Sand, Pear Pizazz
Other: Big Shot, Designer Frames embossing folder (RETIRING), Corner Punch (RETIRING), XL Oval punch, basic pearls, sponge, dimensionals, Aqua Painter

I sure hope you will join us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Such a pretty card! Love the subtle background and the bright poppies! Great details, too!

Jenny Engelke said...

Gorgeous Lisa!!!! What a beautiful way to use the poppy stamp!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, your card is so sweet and the poppies are just a perfect image for it (love that you used only a part of a larger stamp in such a lovely way!) The musical paper is a wonderful touch! Happy Easter, Lisa!

Christine Blain said...

This is simply stunning, Lisa! I just love the pop of colour that the Raspberry Ripple provides, against the lovely neutrals on your card.

Debbie Henderson said...

Anyone that receives this card would really fall in love with it. The flower fits so well with the music notes!

Lisa Martz said...

So pretty! Love the vintage styling on this card. Love how the poppies are peeking out of that oval frame.

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a beautiful vintage inspired card! I love the poppies in the frame, what a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...