Thursday, April 3, 2014

Gifts of Kindness

We have had 2 days of sunshine and temperatures above 50 degrees! Yay! We still have mounds of snow in our yard - in shaded spots - but still, it has put me in the mood to clean off my perennial beds and let the gardening begin!  I don't dare do that just yet because the temperature could plummet and then I would lose tender little plants. Adding to my gardening urge are the gardening stores. They are selling pansies and violas about now and well, I couldn't resist. I bought some of the little darlings yesterday because they make me happy!

I know you are wondering what that has to do with today' s sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. Hang in there - I will tell you. 

Here is the sketch for today. You can make it vertical or horizontal and feel free to take creative liberties with it. I personally love it when you stamper geniuses do that. 
I didn't take any creative liberties with the sketch - except a rounded corner or 2.
Now, I may have mentioned a time or two that I am not a huge fan of purple. I am not even a small fan. I know some of you think there is no other color but Purple, and I am ok with that. But, here is where my opening story comes in. This time of year, I like purple. Purple hyacinths, purple pansies, purple violets (well later this spring), purple Easter eggs. I actually prefer them all in the color purple.  And paired with yellow, it makes me even happier.

That is why I created the card I did. Easter, purple flowers, yellow butterflies = Spring. And I love this sketch - the center square is a wide open canvas and so easy to fill.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Gifts of Kindness, Papillon Potpourri, Delightful Dozen
Paper: Wisteria Wonder dap
Card Stock: Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight
Other: Candy Dots, Corner rounder punch, Whisper White Ribbon, Aquapainter

Now it's your turn to try the sketch! Once you create your card, link it up at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. We love to see everyone's handiwork.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Deb said...

Such a delightful and beautiful spring card! Love the way yellow and purple look together! Those butterflies are the perfect addition!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, I love your card! It has the beautiful elements of spring that I enjoy also! Great creation using this sketch!

Lisa Martz said...

Well, isn't this card just so cute and polka-dotty! I love the way you carried out the polka dot theme from the image to the DSP! This would make a great card for a young tween girl.

Susan Mac Donald said...

a nice spring/Easter card

Debbie Henderson said...

So nice to see something springy and we too have SOOOO much snow left. I'll never see my flowers at this rate so was glad to see yours!

Connie said...

Gorgeous use of that set!!! I love the purple/yellow combo, too! Great job with the sketch.

Melissa Davies said...

never would have thought to use this set for Easter - thanks for the imspiration! SO "spring-like"!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful Easter card! It's nice to see a holiday card made from a regular stamp set.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...