Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bright and Cheery Just Because

I had a lot of fun creating my card for the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary! I think you will too!
Aren't those colors yummy? They remind me of citrus flavored candies. But that isn't what I did with my card. I went with bright and cheery flowers and I was smiling the entire time I was stamping.
My starting point was the strip of Gingham Garden Washi Tape. Then I just stamped and die cut some flowers and leaves with the Secret Garden stamp set and Framelits and created a spray of flowers. I used some of the extra flowers that I stamped and punched out the centers. Then I added them with dimensionals. 

I could have stamped the sentiment directly on the card front but sometimes it is easier to  stamp it on a piece of card stock and adhere it to the front.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Secret Garden, A Dozen Thoughts
Card Stock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango
Other: candy dots, Gingham Garden Washi Tape, Gumball Green embellishment, Itty Bitty Punch pack, 1/2" circle punch, dimensional, Big Shot, Secret Garden Framelits

To see what the rest of the Design Team created just head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. And please try the challenge for yourself! It's fun!

6 comments:

Deb said...

This is really pretty! I love the strip of washi tape on the side! And I love all of the great details!

Lisa Martz said...

Very bright and cheerful! Love the sprig of flowers in the challenge colors and the gingham washi tape just makes the card! Great job!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a bright and beautiful card! I love the center of the flowers, such a great idea!!

Joanne said...

Lovely flower card Lisa - the washi tape border is a great addition too.

Connie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the bright colors on the flowers and especially that strip of Washi Tape on the side! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Melissa Davies said...

Such a beautiful swag of Spring flowers with coordinating embellishments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...