Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Design Team Blog Hop

Hello stampers. The Design Team at Create with Connie and Mary is doing something different today. It's a Blog Hop! 
If you arrived from Lisa Martz's blog, you are in the right spot. If I am your first stop, that is ok too. Just follow the links as the hop goes in a circle. 

This week is a color challenge and I was so enthused about these colors, I made 2 cards, but only chose one for today.
I am planning ahead for Father's Day with this card but the sentiment could really be anything. And it doesn't have to go to a guy. I have a few nature/bird loving girlfriends who wouldn't mind getting this in the mail. Just depends on the recipient :)
To make the background, I embossed the whisper white card stock with the Woodgrain embossing folder. Then I sponged it lightly and added some grungy speckles and even cut some holes in it. The holes are just pieces of Basic Gray card stock adhered on the back of the wood grain. 

I used the Fine Feathers stamp set (RETIRING) to create the feathers fluttering down. And finally the frame with the little bird was stamped with Basic Gray ink and lightly colored with Calypso Coral, Basic Gray, and Crumb Cake. I tried making one of the feathers in Coral but it just wasn't working for me. So I only have a touch of Calypso Coral on my card. 
  • Retiring stamps. While supplies last. Click Here
  • Retiring Accessories. While supplies last. Click Here
All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Four Frames, Fine Feathers(RETIRING), Teeny Tiny Wishes, Gorgeous Grunge
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Basic Gray
Ink: Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral
Other: Big Shot, Woodgrain embossing folder, Candy Dot, Decorative Label Punch, Modern Label Punch, sponge, dimensionals

The next Design Team stop is Melissa Davies blog. 
Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! What a creative background! Love the holes you created! Very "woodsy" and masculine! Awesome card!

Debbie Henderson said...

Love the "holy" woodgrain Lisa, how clever are you!

Nicole Tugrul said...

I absolutely love what you did with this card! The background is so realistic and so amazing!

Melissa Davies said...

I have a few bird/nature-loving friends that will love this card, too! I feel a CAS coming on! Thanks for the inspiration!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, I love your clever woodgrain background with the distressing to age it and the holes to give it character! Love your feathers and wish they weren't retiring! : (

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...