Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wetlands Thank You


Yesterday I mentioned how I usually create my cards with a need in mind. Such is the case for today's card. The story behind it is further along in my post.

I used this straightforward sketch from Try Stampin' On Tuesday. And there is a twist of Stripes and Squares. I went with stripes.
I used the stamp set, Wetlands for my card. Love those little birds! And the stripes are in the Marina Mist background which is kind of hard to see in the photo. 
To create the sand and sea background I sponged on a little Marina Mist and Soft Suede. Then I picked up a little ink with my aqua painter and added those (separately) to create a little depth.

Why the thank you card?

Our family spent last week on vacation in Florida. It was a wonderful time of sun, ocean, and just hanging out. We haven't been together since Christmas week so it was a very special time. We rented a house while we were there and I really tried to find a house that would allow me to bring this little munchkin.
But none were available for just a week so I had to leave her behind. Oh My! She did just fine. I, however, was a nervous wreck. Needlessly of course.

I should add that this silly boy stayed home too. I always leave my sweatshirt for him and he loves it as you can see.
I made the thank you card for the caretakers. I was thinking the ocean scene was appropriate because we were in Florida. But now that I think about this, I should have made a dog and cat card. Good grief. Lol.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamp

  • Wetlands Clear-mount Stamp Set [126697]
  • Ink

  • Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad [126978]


  • Marina Mist Classic Stampin' Pad [126962]
  • Card Stock

  • Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [100730]
  • Marina Mist 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [119682]
  • Tools & Adhesive

  • Stamping Sponges [101610]


  • Aqua Painter [103954]
  • Accessory

  • Neutrals Candy Dots [130934]
  • Big Shot

  • Big Shot Die-Cut Machine [113439]
  • Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die [123128]

  • I hope you have a creative day.

    5 comments:

    Nancy Seed said...

    So difficult when we can't invite Mans Best Friend along on our journeys. We rent a house as well in Florida, but are fortunate enough to be able to bring our little one along. Love what you have come up with for the sketch and very appropriate both for the beach and for a sitter of our four legged friends. Thanks for joining us this week at TSOT.

    Laura @ Idlewood Cards said...

    I LOVE this card! It really is a piece of art! It makes me think of our March vacations spent in South Carolina....wish we could have gone there this year. Glad to hear that you had a nice time in Florida. TFS!

    Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

    Oh I hate it when we have to put our Charlie in Kennels, even thought I know he will be well looked after & spoilt I still worry & soon we will have the added worry of leaving our skunk behind...
    I just love the story behind your card & I think its just perfect for a thank you card hun!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    Kathy S said...

    Such a lovely scenic card. I love building scenes and you've done a really nice job for this weeks Try Stampin' on Tuesday's challenge. TFS.

    stampwithamyk said...

    Oh, that is beautiful! You've used one of my favorite stamp sets and created a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Hope to see you again soon!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...