Sunday, March 2, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Fabulous Florets Edition

Welcome to another Edition of the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop where we feature one stamp set multiple ways! Fabulous Florets is what it is all about on this Blog Hop. If you arrived from Betty's blog, then you are in the right place. If this is your first stop, it's ok because the hop goes full circle. Just follow the links at the end of the post!

Note: the Blog Hop officially begins Monday, March 3rd. If you arrived earlier, the links may not be working until we get everything up and running. So don't give up!

Fabulous Florets has been around for awhile but is still one of my favorites. I decided to make my card current and fresh by using our newest In Colors. And don't let the watercoloring intimidate you - I only used Water Color paper, marker and Aquapainter. Anyone can do it. 

To make my card I stamped the Pistachio Pudding foliage a few times on Whisper White card stock. I even stamped a few flowers in Coastal Cabana. Then I layered on the Coastal Cabana designer paper and sentiment. To create the water colored flowers I used Black Stazon ink and stamped the flowers on Water Color paper. Then I cut them out. My final step is to color them: wet the water color paper and add ink with a marker. To deepen the colors just layer on more ink with the marker. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Four You
Paper: Water Color paper, Coastal Cabana designer paper from In Color collection
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana
Ink: Black Stazon, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana
Other: Basic Pearls, Aquapainter, In Color Boutique embellishment, Baker's Twine, corner rounder punch

That's it for me but there is more! Kerry Willard Bray's blog is the next stop on the Blog Hop. 

             

Thanks for stopping.

18 comments:

Kerry Willard Bray said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lisa! That is one stunning card!

MaryR said...

wow! completely stunning! I just love your watercoloring with this - what an incredibly beautiful card and talented lady!

Dawn Tidd said...

Your water coloring is gorgeous! All the sweet touches like the pearls, twine & Boutique detail make this one beautiful card.

Yapha said...

This is absolutely stunning! Your watercoloring is amazing!

Betty said...

Breathtaking! The colors are so delicate and the details are just perfect!

Nancy Smith said...

What a lovely job you did with the water coloring. Beautiful card!

Tanya Boser said...

Oh, my, fabulous! This is such a beautiful card, I love your watercoloring, color combo, and the fussy cut layering!

Jenny Engelke said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! Gorgeous Lisa!

Nikki Spencer said...

Totally gorgeous Lisa! You've made me want to blow the dust off and play...TFS!

Heidi Baks said...

So very elegant, Lisa! Such beautiful details.

littlebitoftoto said...

Lisa, this is sooo pretty, I love it..might just have to CASE it..

StampingJudy said...

This is quite simply one of the absolute best use of this stamp set I have seen. Like you, I love the flowers from this set but have had trouble making them "feel real" to my artistic eye. This card does just that. Gorgeous!

Cindy Beach said...

Lisa, I can't imagine any card being more gorgeous than this one! Love your style and sweet details.

Jill Coleman said...

Just LOVE your card Lisa. So many elements combine together for a soft and elegant result.

Paula said...

You knocked this out of the park, Lisa. Gorgeous feels like an understatement.

Rita Wright said...

This is stunning, Lisa. You really made this older set come to life on this one. So, so gorgeous!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a beautiful card.

Gisela said...

This is totally awesome, one of my favorite stamp set. Love your card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...