Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sometimes you don't need designer paper


Hello stampers! It is Thursday and time for another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog and we hope you will play along this week. It is a color challenge with lots of possibilities.
If you read the title of my blog post, you probably figured out that I didn't use designer series paper on my card. Nope. Instead, I stamped the old fashioned way. 
The old fashioned way means I am dating myself and my stamping history. Ha! When I fell in love with stamping years ago, Stampin' Up! didn't even sell designer paper. Can you imagine?! Instead we had to create our own backgrounds with stamps - either background stamps or stamps within a set. Instead of paper dictating the colors to use, we chose our own. Now that could, and can be, a disaster! Lol. Or. It could, and can be, a wonderful creative experience :)

Fortunately I had Connie and Mary's wonderful color combination to guide my color choices for today's card. 

I stamped the strip of white card stock with stamps from the Mixed Bunch stamp set. That set really lends itself to this style of a card. Once I layered my card with ribbon and a sentiment, I added the multilayered flower from the same set. Mixed Bunch stamp set has a coordinating Blossom punch so this card was so easy to create.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Thanks and Hello
Card Stock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Pacific Point
Ink: Smoky Slate, Pacific Point, Summer Starfruit
Other: Summer Starfruit Ribbon, Summer Starfruit embellishment, 1" Circle punch, 1 1/4" Circle punch, Scallop Circle punch, Blossom punch, Scallop Trim Border


Now it's your turn! You can go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog to link up your creation or to see what the others created. 

Thanks for visiting my blog. 

8 comments:

Deb said...

Love the stamped background! And your flower really is a beautiful focal point! Love all your details, too! Gorgeous card!!

Debbie Henderson said...

Great way to stamp your own DSP Lisa, especially with this color combo. Love the flower!

Lisa Martz said...

What a happy card! Fun spring colors! Great job!

inkypinkies said...

Beautiful! I love when a great card can be made with just paper and ink. Your flower panel is so pretty and bright.

Melissa Davies said...

I LOVE your homemade DSP! A great way to give your project a custom look!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a beautiful spring card!! I love your stamped background, perfect!!

Noelle said...

Super cute card! I love all the stamping, thanks for stopping by my blog! :) *hugs*

nwilliams6 said...

Love this! Cute, cute, cute!!! Wonderful job with your stamped bg.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...