Thursday, March 13, 2014

Secret Garden CCMC294

I had no trouble creating a card with the colors this week at Create with Connie and Mary. I hope you will be inspired too!

I love Strawberry Slush. In real life I would never eat/drink a Strawberry anything as they make me break out in hives. Too much information? Sorry. But I think the color is lovely! And combined with Black and Old Olive - it's an easy go for me.
I went with flowers and lots of them. Secret Garden stamp set and its coordinating framelits is a set that is so easy to use. Just stamp, die cut and layer. 

I created a visual base with some Strawberry Slush designer paper. Then I added a piece of Basic Black card stock that I cut with the Oval Accent Bigz die. I don't use this one very often because of its size but in keeping with my determination to use what I don't often use (hope that makes sense), it created a bold contrast for my flowers which was just what I hoped.

Sometimes I stamp my sentiment on a smaller piece of card stock and just layer to the background even tho it is vanilla on vanilla or white on white, as in this case. It is an easy, fool proof way to see what color works best and I don't have to worry about messing up. It helps with placement too. I felt like getting fancy with this card so I added lots of Basic Pearls, some ribbon, and a Strawberry Slush embellishment, called In Color Boutique Detail. What a name!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Secret Garden, Four You
Paper: Strawberry Slush from the In Color Collection
Card Stock: Whisper White, Old Olive, Basic Black, Strawberry Slush
Ink: Old Olive, Strawberry Slush
Other: Basic Pearls, Strawberry Slush Boutique Detail embellishment, Old Olive ribbon, Big Shot, Oval Accent Bigz die, Secret Garden framelits

Don't forget to go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog to see what the others created. And I hope to see your card too! 

Thanks for stopping.

9 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Wow! If this card doesn't make you think of spring, I don't know what will! This card looks like a beautiful garden. Love it!

Connie said...

Beautiful! Love the black die cut behind the flowers and greeting...really striking! Sorry you are allergic to strawberries...I love them! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Deb said...

This is beautiful! I love that black die cut piece! All your elements just pop off that! Gorgeous details!!

Eva Olmo said...

This is beautiful!
Kisses

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love how the pretty flowers pop against the black die-cut.

Debbie Henderson said...

After 2 feet of snow this week this card is so reminding me that spring is hopefully just around the corner. Love how you placed your flowers on the oval!

Melissa Davies said...

Love how you swagged the flowers along the one side of the frame - this needs to be in a frame!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love this card, makes me think of Spring. I need to pull this set back out, thanks for the inspiration!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, I love your beautiful flowerful card! The black oval accent behind the flowers sets them off perfectly. I love the shape of that die; however, I don't use it as often as I should!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...