In case you missed it, I created a pop up card using The Open Sea stamp set. The card can be found by clicking here. Today I am posting a tutorial that I hope will help you in case you would like to create a pop up card of your own.
My only request is that you give me credit and a link back to my blog if you use it and post it.
You will need:
- designer paper - I used Venetian Romance
- card stock
- Red Sticky Strip
- Big Shot
- Large Scallop edgelit
- Simply Scored scoring board
- The Open Sea stamp set
Directions - taking for granted you made the base of the card already.
1. Cut 2 pieces of designer paper slightly wider than the pieces shown so you will have enough paper to make the waves.
2. Use the Big Shot and Large Scallop edgelit to make the waves in dimensions shown.
6. Sorry, I did not take a photo of this step so I hope it makes sense. Add adhesive to one of the 1/2" ends of each scored piece of card stock. Fold all score lines so you create an open ended box. Use the adhesive end to close the box.
7. Add Sticky Strip on the bottom and the sides as shown.
NOTE: As noted on the picture, I recommend adding at least 2 pieces of Sticky Strip to the small box. One piece just didn't hold when the card was closed and then opened.
9. Pull off the Sticky Strip on one side and bottom of the box and adhere firmly to the bottom and back of the card. Both should be flush.
10. Remove the Sticky Strip on the front of the rectangular box and adhere the largest piece of designer paper.
15. Determine how much of your ship you would like to show above the waves. Add some adhesive to the BOTTOM of the ship on the BACK. Adhere the ship firmly to the small box. Where you place it on the box will determine how much is visible.
If you find any mistakes, and I sure hope you don't, please let me know and I will fix it. And please feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Have a wonderful creative day.