Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hello Perfect Blend

Hello stampers. Welcome to my blog, and another challenge from the Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. It's sketch week and I am still in a bright colors mode. We still have some snow left on the ground and I need bright colors in my life right now!
I used the Gingham Garden Washi Tape for 2 of the stripes and chose my colors from that. They just happen to be nice and bright.
It would have been easy to add another row of Washi Tape but I tried something different by stamping the sentiment in a row. Tip: The Stamp-a-ma-jig is a huge help for lining things up.

At first I was going to cut out the little flowers in the Gingham Garden designer paper but realized the small scallop punch could work so that is what I went with. I love punches - more than Framelits and more than fussy cutting! Punches are easy to reach, easy to use, and relatively inexpensive. It's a win, win, win purchase!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Perfect Blend, A Dozen Thoughts
Paper: Gingham Garden
Card Stock: Night of Navy, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Night of Navy, Melon Mambo
Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Gingham Garden Washi Tape, Candy Dots, Scallop Circle Punch

The sketch is square, my card is square, but feel free to make it rectangular if you choose to play along. You can go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog to see what the others created and/or link up your own creation. We would love that!

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Deb said...

Love your take on the sketch! The washi tape and the line of words is such a super idea! Love that!! And I'm with you about the punches! Such a great embellishment on the cup!

Joanne said...

Love this card Lisa- a great way to use the coffee cup for a different look, love it with the flowers! Great diagonal stamping too!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the little "hellos" running down between the washi tapes. Who wouldn't love a cup of coffee with these happy flowers? Cute card!

Debbie Henderson said...

Love the designer paper you used for the cup as it looks so 3D-ish and the little flower is perfect!

Nicole Tugrul said...

I love, love, love your card! The stripes done with washi tape and stamping is so stinkin clever!!!

Connie said...

This is SO fun...I need to get that set out and play again...love the florals on it! Great job, Lisa!

Melissa Davies said...

I really like the look of the sentiment stamped between the Washi Tapes! Would make a great invite for coffee to a friend!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love how you used this coffee set for the sketch!! How fun that you dressed it all up for spring with the flowers...GREAT idea!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...