Monday, March 24, 2014

Everything Eleanor Thinking of You

There is nothing like a blog challenge to jump start my creativity. It may be a sketch, color, inspiration, or combination that can trigger an idea. Today's card is one that I needed to make and once I saw this sketch from The Paper Players, everything fell into place.

 My card is being mailed so I needed to make it mailable. You know. No bumps. I did add some little pearls so hopefully it will be ok. You never know with my post office.
Here is a close up of the paper piercing. Paper piercing is such an easy detail to add to a card to create some interest without the bulk.
To get the smallest flower to peek out from behind the shadow image, I stamped the shadow first then masked it and stamped the flower over my mask. Again - another easy trick to add some interest.

All of the images on this card, except for the sentiment, are from the Everything Eleanor stamp set which has been around for a few years. By using trendy colors and a great sketch, I was able to create a card that gives me lots of satisfaction!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Clicking on any of the products below will take you to my online store. Only one week left to receive a free product for every $50 you spend!

Product List
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a creative day!

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! What a clever way to use the elements from this set...and the piercing is such a nice touch! I think I might just have to CASE this!!! Thanks for playing with our sketch this week!

Tinabobina99 said...

The fact that one border is narrower than the other really adds a lot of modernity, too. Great job.

stampwithsandy said...

I love how you used the sketch, Lisa! The piercing adds so much interest, and I like a simple, practical, mailable card. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Lisa, this is just fabulous! Love the colors, love the masking but most of all I ADORE the piercing. What a great way to add interest without bulk! So glad you joined us at The Paper PLayers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...