Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Create a Cupcake Birthday

Wow. I actually had time to create two cards today! I'll post one today and one tomorrow. 

I usually create cards based on need. But today I just felt like looking at some Challenges and seeing what I could do. It was so much fun - I need to do it more often.

I used the SUO Challenge of pinks and/or purples combined with the sketch from Sketch Frenzy Friday and made a girly birthday card. 


The sketch.




I haven't used the Create a Cupcake stamp set in a looong time but I like how the cupcakes fit the sketch and the colors work well too. The washi tape on the side is adhered to a strip of Whisper White card stock. I find by using it this way it shows up better against the colored card stock.

Lots of punching on this card with a little bit of bling for this card. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click on a link below to go to my Online Store.


  • Cupcake Punch [121807]

  • Scallop Edge Border Punch [119882]

  • Word Window Punch [119857]

  • Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape [129314]

  • Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents [119246]

  • Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack [118309]

  • Stampin' Dimensionals [104430]

  • Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [100730]

  • Wisteria Wonder 8-1/2 X 11 Card Stock [122922]

  • Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad [126948]

  • Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad [126985]

  • Thanks for stopping by.

    7 comments:

    Julie Gearinger said...

    I agree- those cupcakes fit the sketch perfectly and look marvelous in the pinks and purples!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    Bronwyn Eastley said...

    This is really 'sweet'. Love your cute little cupcakes. Thanks for joining us at SUO. :)

    Patrice Herrera said...

    What a fun card I love the color challenge colors together. And a great idea to use the cupcakes as your focal images. Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

    Diana Eichfeld said...

    Such a bright, cheery card Lisa. I love all the little elements on the cupcakes. Thanks for playing along with this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.

    Elizabeth said...

    So cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us at SFF!

    Connie said...

    Very cute, Lisa! My DIL would love the pink and purple cupcakes for her birthday! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge!

    Karen Barber said...

    Adorable cupcake card Lisa!! thanks for playing along!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...