Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Fine Feather Birthday Card For Him CCMC293

It is Sketch Challenge week at Create with Connie and Mary. I hope you will play along as it is a straightforward, simple sketch but with lots of possibilities!
I never seem to have enough manly cards so I held back on the flowers and feminine colors and went with masculine instead. It took a little bit of thought and some thinking outside the box, but I did it.
 Very clean and simple this week. Again, I tried to use a set that I like but don't often use. Fine Feathers stamp set is perfect for masculine cards I think. I stamped directly on the white card stock with Smoky Slate and Basic Gray. The red feather is embossed with black and then I added some Cherry Cobbler with an aqua painter and marker. The water curled the feather a bit which was a perfect touch - just like a real feather.

To layer the punched sentiment, I first inked it with markers and then stamped it. Then I cut it out. I layered it onto some Basic Gray card stock that I punched with the Artisan Label punch. That is easier than punching the stamped image and then trying to fussy cut a layer behind it.

Some textured background and some Candy Dots were all the embellishments I used. It killed me to leave all of that white space but I wanted to stay with the sketch.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Fine Feathers, Label Love
Card Stock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Versamark, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler
Other: Candy Dots, Black embossing powder, Aquapainter, dimensional, Artisan Label punch, Big Shot, Houndstooth folder

Now it's your turn! All taking place at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. Can't wait to see what you create!

7 comments:

Deb said...

This is a great masculine card! Love the feathers! And the colored feather is just beautiful!

Margaret Raburn said...

OH I love those feathers! How creative to use them for the banner image. The Happy Birthday is perfect with it! White space can be hard but yours looks great and the candy dots balance it! Great card!

Debbie Henderson said...

Your red feather looks so real and the natural curling from the water is totally perfect!

Tanya Boser said...

Stunning! I LOVE the feathers, especially the the red one :)

Lisa Martz said...

Love what you did with the sketch! How clever to use the feathers for the banner instead of DSP!

Melissa Davies said...

Masculine cards are always the hardest for me. I have to be honest that this set didn't do it for me, but your card has CHANGED MY MIND!The feather is fantastic!

Nicole Tugrul said...

I LOVE this card!! It's beautiful and simple. The feathers are so realistic and with the white space they really stand out. Amazing job with this week's sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...