Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Birds

No it isn't an Alfred Hitchcock movie. It is my card for today's challenge from Create with Connie and Mary! Here are the colors.
 I know the other design team members will have created stunning cards with these colors so I hope you will not judge the challenge by my card! I kept gravitating to the bird images on the Modern Medley designer paper and I don't know why. I know it was a trendy print this year - not just in the paper crafting world, but fashion as well. And I love birds, I really do. But all I can think of when I see this print is Alfred Hitchcock's movie, The Birds.

I got the idea to pair the paper with the bird image from Serene Silhouettes and then I just added some Summer Starfruit and Pistachio Pudding by way of card stock, paper and ribbon. I have no idea who I will send this to but I will find someone!
It was a really fun card to make in spite of the reference in my head. Lol. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Lots of Thanks
Paper: Modern Medley, Venetian Romance
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Pistachio Pudding, Summer Starfruit
Other: Summer Starfruit Ribbon, Summer Starfruit Dahlia

Head over to Create with Connie and Mary for some wonderful inspiration. Then if you decide to try the colors yourself, just link up your creation over there. We LOVE to see what everyone creates. You are our inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

What a clever way to use the DSP Lisa. I picked up in my hands just this week and put it back down. You figured it all out perfectly!

stampwithsandy said...

I like the stamp and DSP pairing, brilliant idea! Cool color combo, too!

Connie said...

Too funny! I have to admit that I thought of The Birds movie, too! I remember watching that when I was young and being scared to death! Great take on the color challenge!

Deb said...

What a creative way to use this designer paper! It pairs beautifully with the stamped image! You really used these colors perfectly!

Lisa Young said...

Beautiful card design!!!

Shirl said...

Very nice. I have a friend who likes crows. I could make this for her.
Thanks for posting it.

Shirl

Nicole Tugrul said...

I thought the same thing when I saw your card...the birds on the paper do look like the Alfred Hitchcock movie! I love the way your stamped image blends so well with the DSP. Great job!

Lisa Martz said...

This would make a great sympathy card with the black images. Or...I guess you could use it for Halloween, too! Very versatile! Love the little touches of the colors with the black.

Melissa Davies said...

Funny, I immediately thought it would be a great card for Halloween, too! I love the bird pattern and how you used the soft colors to frame the images :O)

Margaret Raburn said...

OK, now I'll never look at this DSP the same again.. I'll always think of THE BIRDS too!! lol!! However, pairing it with the stamp was so smart and looks so good with the paper! You really did a great job with this color challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...