Thursday, February 20, 2014

Daydream Medallions Sympathy

Welcome, stampers! A sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary is today's post. I love this sketch and hope you will too. 

I have been really trying to use some of the stamp sets that have been sitting on my shelf for a while. Some I use often, some…not so much. I went with Daydream Medallions stamp for today's card. I love the delicacy of these stamp images. And the best part is they have coordinating framelits!
I began with just the smallest medallions in the set but the card just seemed too plain so I added the 2 larger medallions to the base card. Much better!

I love the color Soft Sky and was thrilled when Stampin' Up! decided to bring this previous In-Color, back as a permanent color. It is so pretty when paired with So Saffron which is what I did for this card. Since it's going to be a sympathy card, I wanted colors that are soft and soothing. I didn't use Soft Sky ink on this card though because I wanted the images to really stand out. Instead I used Pool Party ink. It is just a darker version and coordinates beautifully.

Simply Pressed Clay is what I used for the flower embellishment. I like to pre make these flowers and buttons and then color them as needed. That way I can just customize the color. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Loving Thoughts
Card Stock: Whisper White, So Saffron, Soft Sky, Pool Party
Ink: Pool Party, So Saffron (the flower)
Other: Basic Pearls, Big Shot, Floral Frames Framelits, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Scallop Edge Border punch

And there you have another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary! Check out what the other Design Team members created and hopefully you will be inspired to create a card with this fabulous sketch. It is so easy to link up your card and we love to see what others create!

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Love the soft colors of your card! The Medallions work beautifully with the sketch, too! Gorgeous details!

Lisa Martz said...

Soft colors, perfect for a sympathy card. Love the way you layered the medallions. Very pretty!

Lisa Young said...

Lovely card design and colors!!!

Connie said...

I, too, have tons of stamp sets just sitting in my cabinet...this is SO lovely! I need to pull out that one again. Great job with the Create sketch!

Margaret Raburn said...

This is one of my favorite sets and love how you used it for the focal point. The two larger ones on the background really showcase the focal point! Beautiful card!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card! Not only do you have a fabulous color palette, but the medallion stamps are gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...