Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blooming with Kindness CCMC289

Hello Stampers. Welcome to another challenge by Create with Connie and Mary! Every week there is a new challenge for you to try and this week it is a sweet sketch.

The sketch is square but if you play along feel free to make it rectangular. I happen to love square cards so I kept it pure.
I went with 2 tried and true stamp sets for my card. I love the background stamp, En Francais, and even though it has been around for a while, I never get tired of it. My focal point is the flower from Blooming with Kindness. To create some visual interest, I stamped the flower three times and used 2 different sizes of scallop circle punches to punch out the center of the flower from each stamped image. Then I used dimensionals to give them height. The scallop circle punches are wonderful tools to use for layering a flower. Way easier than fussy cutting!

One last note: I cut the smaller banner at an angle that paralleled the background diagonal. I also added the 3 little Candy Dots at the same angle. After I did that, my card seemed more balanced.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Blooming with Kindness, En Francais background
Paper: Naturals Composition Specialty paper
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Ink: Early Espresso, Marina Mist 
Other: Candy Dots, dimensionals, Scallop Circle Punches

Thanks for stopping. And don't forget to check out the challenge blog at Create with Connie and Mary for more inspiration. And we love to see what everyone creates so why not give the sketch a go!

5 comments:

Deb said...

What a great idea to use the scallop punches for dimension! And I love how you added the candy dots at an angle! Genius!!

Debbie Henderson said...

Very nice way of "cheating" on the fussy cutting Lisa, you are too clever. Love the way you layered the flower!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the blues and browns together...one of my favorite combos! I love the vintage softness of this card. Great job!

Melissa Davies said...

GORGEOUS! I love the scallop layers on the flower - great idea!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love that you layered this flower. So many beautiful elements!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...