Thursday, January 30, 2014

Way to Go CCMC288


My house is undergoing some renovations and my lightbox is packed away. Thus, a dark photo. I apologize. 

Hopefully you will be able to appreciate the lovely color combination in this week's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary. I really enjoyed working with it!

I went with a clean and simple card using on of my favorite stamp sets, Simply Stars
I paired the stars with some designer paper that I punched with the Hexagon punch. I don't have the coordinating hexagon stamp set but I can still have fun with hexagons just by using the punch and pretty paper!

After I adhered the hexagons I stamped, and cut out the stars. Some are raised up with dimensionals and some are not. Then I added my sentiment and some Basic Rhinestones. Pretty easy. 

Stamps: Simply Stars, Delightful Dozen
Paper: Tangerine Tango dsp
Card Stock: Whisper White
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana
Other: Hexagon Punch, Basic Rhinestones

For more color inspiration just go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. Enjoy! Oh, and we would love to have you try these colors for yourself! 

Thanks for stopping.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Pretty easy card but fabulous nonetheless! Love it!! Works for a lot of occasions and for any gender!

Debbie Henderson said...

Very nice card Lisa. I like how "happy" it makes one feel!

Lisa Martz said...

Love this, Lisa! I have a TON of graduations this year and this type of card is perfect...it is a great guy card! Almost all the grads are guys! Thanks for the inspiration!

Melissa Davies said...

Oohh! I love the clean and simple look of your card! It's a great design and can be used for any occasion!

Connie said...

So fun, I totally LOVE to see how you think out of the box with your cards every week! LOVE the falling stars! Great job with the color challenge!

Nicole Tugrul said...

I absolutely LOVE this card!! The bright tangerine hexagons make the whole clean and simple design perfection!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...