Thursday, January 16, 2014

Warm Winter Wishes CCMC286

Brrrr! We go from one cold snap to another here in New England which is pretty typical for January so I can't complain. I was thinking of the cold, bitter weather as I created my card for today's Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge.
I know the image I used is a boot but that particular stamp image always reminds me of a pair of ice skates I got for Christmas when I was a little girl. They had faux fur around the top and pom poms just like this boot. I loved those ice skates and boy did I think I was hot stuff when I wore them! 
I stamped the image in Smoky Slate first, then water colored it with Perfect Plum and Island Indigo ink pads and an aqua painter. After it dried I went over the eyelets and laces with a Smoky Slate marker. Then I added Dazzling Details to the pom poms and cuff. To get the glittery edges I applied some Multi Purpose Glue and Silver Glass Glitter. 

The background is Core'dinations card stock. It has a white core so when it is embossed and sanded, the white shows through. Love it! Once I embossed with the Northern Flurry embossing folder I sanded it lightly to make the snowflakes stand out. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Bootiful Occasions
Card Stock: Whisper White, Island Indigo core'dinations
Ink: Perfect Plum, Island Indigo, Smoky Slate
Other: Basic Rhinestones, Aquapainter, Big Shot, Northern Flurry folder, Corner Rounder, Ribbon, Dazzling Details, Silver Glass Glitter

Now it's your turn! Just go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog to link up your creation and/or see what the others created. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

Deb said...

This is so cute and very realistic for this time of year!! Love your watercoloring and all the silver details! Beautiful!!

Dodge3670 said...

Lovin' your card. It is so neat how the white shows thru when sanded. The snowflakes look so cool! I love how you added the glitter. Neat idea! Thank you so much for sharing with us! Lynn G.

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, I love that boot stamp and your card is so lovely! The snowflakes on the Co-ordinations paper is such a great idea. Beautiful card.

Connie said...

Great way to use that stamp for other than the traditional Christmas boot! It is definitely cold enough to wear them here! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Melissa Davies said...

This card is so beautiful! I totally thought you added white ink to the snowflakes - you sure fooled me! Love the addition of the glass glitter - one can never have too much "bling"!

Debbie Henderson said...

I never think to use this stamp set and I so love your story about the ice skates. Oh, and by the way, it's cold here in Maine also!

Lisa Martz said...

Look at you go with all that glitter and sparkle! Such a pretty card! I love the boot set!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a gorgeous winter card! I love that boot, you did a wonderful job with the water coloring!

Lizy Bartaby said...

This is lovely Lisa! That stamp is such fun and I love the way you used the colours!
Lizy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...