Sunday, January 5, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Hearts A Flutter Edition


 

Welcome to another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop! The featured stamp set is Hearts A Flutter which is one of my favorite sets because it is so versatile. Yes, it is not just for Valentine's Day my friends. And this Blog Hop is going to show you lots of ways to use this stamp set!

NOTE: The Blog Hop is officially live and without glitches, Monday, January 6th so I apologize there are any snags before then. Hopefully you will come back!

So. If you arrived here from Beth Beard's Blog, you are in the correct place. If this is your first stop, then no worries. You can complete the Hop by clicking on the link at the end of this post. It will take you full circle.

I created a masculine birthday card for one of my projects. 
I would send this to a family member because of the hearts - don't want anyone to get the wrong idea! But you could easily take away the hearts and add another button and it could be given to any guy. The banners, stamped in masculine colors, are what makes it work. I added a masculine background with Off the Grid and Dictionary background stamps to fill in some of the blank space. 

Valentines aren't just red and pink. How about Black and gold?
I embossed all of the images with gold and sponged a little gold on the doily. Some embossed gold foil gives it some extra glam. I created this with Valentine's Day in mind but it could be an anniversary card or, switch the sentiment for a wedding or birthday card. 

All my supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Hearts a Flutter, Off the Grid, Dictionary, Seasonal Sayings, Itty Bitty Banners
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Basic Black, Gold Foil
Ink: Midnight Muse, Soft Suede, Gold Encore 
Other: Candy Dot, Button, Burlap Ribbon, Chevron Punch, Hardware Clips, Antique Brad, Bakers Twine, Organza ribbon, doily, Big Shot, Hearts a Flutter framelits, Adorning Accent folder, Finishing Touches edgelit

Hope I inspired you! For more inspiration click on one of the links below. The previous blog is Beth Beard's and the next blog is Jill Coleman's. Enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by today.

19 comments:

Beth Beard said...

Black are gold are stunning together! I also really like the details & layers on the masculine card....very nice!

Rita Wright said...

Wow, Lisa. These are great. I really, really love the masculine one. I would have never though to pair this set with those colors but I love them together.

theoblatelife said...

Great cards!

Shana Gaff said...

I love both color combinations. It really shows how versatile this stamp set can be! I also love all of your layers. Great cards!

Tanya Boser said...

Both of these cards are masterpieces of layered art! WOW is all I can say :)

Deb said...

Great way to combine the grunge with this set! And I love all your gorgeous details! Beautiful!!

rubberredneck said...

Wow awesome cards!!! I love how you layered and mixed ribbon and baker's twine together. Love the gorgeous grunge on the first card.

Adriana Benitez said...

Gorgeous cards with some fantastic details on both. Love the burlap, background stamps and color combo on the first . The pop of gold, embellishments and twisted bottom layer on the second look really cool, too!

Brenda in IN said...

The gold is beautiful and thanks for sharing a card that is a male card. Those are hard to do and this one is great.

Heidi Baks said...

Love the masculine take on the set! Beautiful ribbon and twine embellishments on the 2nd card. Love how you added the banner too. Gorgeous, as always!

Cindy Beach said...

Lisa, your work is amazing! WOW! I love them both and your attention to detail makes each one a masterpiece.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Wow love them both. I think the first would make a great masculine card! hugs

Jill Coleman said...

Love both of your cards Lisa. Love all the details of the white/gold card but I think the rustic card is my favorite. So many interesting elements to draw your eye. Nicely done!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Lisa! Both cards are awesome! I LOVE the masculine card...amazing!

Yapha said...

Fabulous card! I love the burlap on the first one and the gold foil on the second! So happy to be hopping with you again!

Dawn Tidd said...

Two awesome cards you have for us today! I love both of them. Thanks for sharing other ways, beside Valentines, to use this set!

Paula said...

Love that birthday card. Love how you grunged the set up with that card.

Carol Carriveau said...

Both of your cards are wonderful...the black and gold valentine card is really great! The masculine b/d card is really fun and the blue heart really looks fabulous!

Martha said...

Great Cards, Lisa. I really like the look of the masculine card.Love all the details you add to your projects too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...