Thursday, January 23, 2014

Some bright colors to chase away the winter blues


As you can see it is a Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary. Fun!

I played around with some different stamps and papers but kept gravitating to bright colors and flowers. Maybe it has to do with the seed catalogs that I keep getting in the mail :) That, and a daily longing for sunshine and warm temperatures. 
I used markers to color the Gifts of Kindness stamp and then stamped on Whisper White card stock. Once I stamped the image I cut it with an Oval Framelit. Fun Tip: One of my favorite tricks is to use a marker and add a line of Sahara Sand around the stamped image to give it depth. Crumb Cake ink works too - just depends on the situation. 

To create the centers of the flowers I used an Itty Bitty Punch and candy dots.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Gifts of Kindness
Paper: Gingham Garden 
Card Stock: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzaz, Sahara Sand
Other: White Organza, Candy Dots, Itty Bitty Punch, Corner Rounder punch, Big Shot, Oval Framelit

There are so many possibilities with this fun sketch! Just head over to Create with Connie and Mary and see what I mean. Hopefully you will try it for yourself.

6 comments:

Deb said...

This is such a fun way to use this stamp! And thanks for the tip with the marker. I will have to try that! Love the bright colors, too! Come on Spring!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

oH SO CUTE... REMINDS ME OF A PICNIC!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty and cheerful. Love the colors and thanks for the tip about the marker.

Melissa Davies said...

What a sweet card! Reminds me of a picnic in the park!

Lisa Martz said...

I agree with Melissa...it does look like a picnic! Very colorful! Love your DSP choices!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card! I love how you added little yellow punched flowers to the pink ones!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...