Thursday, January 9, 2014

I Freakin' Love You CCMC285

Hello, my friends. Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary challenge. This week is another fabulous sketch. There are so many possibilities with this one!
I resisted the very strong urge to use flowers for my card. I love my flowers :) Instead I went with a holiday theme, namely Valentine's day. I stuck with traditional colors and one of my favorite images - hearts!
I used the stamp set Hearts a Flutter, and the coordinating framelits to create my card. I basically layered the stamped and die cut hearts and then added some rhinestones here and there. The saying is from the Yippee Skippee stamp set. I apologize if this saying offends you - I don't mean to. It never occurred to me, and I am sure Stampin' Up! either, that some people use "Freakin'" as a substitute. That being said, I still think the saying is cute!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 

Stamps: Hearts a Flutter, Yippee-Skippee!
Card Stock: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals
Other: Big Shot, Adorning Accents folder, Hearts a Flutter framelits, small heart punch, rhinestones, bakers twine, dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are able to participate in the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary. If nothing else, just head over there to see what the others created using this sketch! 

11 comments:

Deb said...

Fantastic card! I really love all those hearts! And I love how you did your banner with the baker's twine and embossing folder! Very creative!!

Marla said...

I love your sensitivity to people and how they interpret your cards. That shows your genuine character. That being said, this is a cute card. The embossing with the little hearts is eye-catching! Love it!!

Debbie Henderson said...

Love the way you spread your hearts for the background Lisa. Very nice Valentine's card!

Betty Clere said...

I love this card! Thanks for sharing.

Joanne said...

I love the bold design of your card Lisa, especially the embossing and twine detail on the banner. This card has a real fun feel!

Lisa Martz said...

What a wonderful Valentine! I like how you used a wider banner.

Terry said...

What a happy card! The love is bustin' out all over. Love it.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oh I love this card... I would like to CASE it for a class too if that's okay with you. Pretty simple but a what Punch it Packs!
Hugs.

Nicole Tugrul said...

Love your Valentine card! The greeting is so perfect with all the hearts!

Dianna Oshanyk said...

Love your Valentine cards.

Susan Mac Donald said...

totally agree w/you, about the *freakin' word; but...we can always move ahead & not everyone thinks the same; TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...