Thursday, January 2, 2014

Crazy, Mixed up Love CCMC284

Happy New Year my stamper friends! I have a great challenge for you to start off the year. It is a color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. 
My wedding anniversary is January 5th so I created a card for my husband. January, by the way, is a crazy time of year to get married! There was a snow storm, it was cold, and it was right after the holidays. But we were (and still are) in love and didn't really care. 
I love the stamp set, Crazy, Mixed-Up Love. I am not usually attracted to stamps with a play on words but I love every image in this set. Well, I don't love the lemon image but I do like it. I thought this blender and sentiment would be perfect for our anniversary card because it is true - we do blend well. And the colors are a little retro - just like us!

The card is pretty straight forward. I used markers to color the blender and added black candy dots at the top and bottom of the Apothecary Accent. The designer paper and textured card stock are separate strips that I adhered to the card front. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Crazy, Mixed Up Love
Paper: Bermuda Bay designer paper
Card Stock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Strawberry Slush
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Slush, Basic Black
Other: Big Shot: Apothecary Accent Framelit, Chevron embossing folder, Candy Dots, Small Heart Punch

I really enjoyed working with these colors and I hope you will also give them a try. Head on over to Create with Connie and Mary for some more inspiration. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

7 comments:

Yapha said...

Love this card! Great colors. Happy Anniversary -- mine is January 14th!

Deb said...

Love your card! I really love this layout and may have to use it in the future! Love how you just have a touch of black! Very fun! And Happy Anniversary!!

Debbie Henderson said...

So cute Lisa. Looks like the larger heart didn't make it to the blender! Happy Anniversary!

Lisa Martz said...

What a great card! I just got this set free and can't wait to CASE this card! The layout would work will with a couple of the stamps in that set.

Nicole Tugrul said...

You did such a great job on this card! I love all the detail with the colors on the blender, just perfect!

Debbie Mageed said...

Great inspiration! I too was married in January and picked the same stamp set for my card. It is still in the works so your card came just in time!

Connie said...

This is DARLING! I love how you used that set and the great layout! Perfect card for the color challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...