Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wonderful Blessing CCMC280

This week's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary is a color challenge and a sparkly one at that!
I went with a Christmas card for my design project and used one of Stampin' Up!'s single stamps called Wonderful Blessing. I love this stamp!
To create my card, I embossed the main image in white. Then I cut it with the Circle framelits and my Big Shot. Next I layered it on a slightly larger circle of Gold Foil that I also cut with my Circle framelits. They make layering so easy!

At first I was going to layer the circles onto plain Night of Navy card stock but it just needed more. So I heat embossed some gold stars using the little star from Pennant Parade stamp set. I wanted it to look like a clear, starry night in Bethlehem. I also added an embossed piece of whisper white card stock at the bottom to break up the navy blue.

I will be mailing this card so I kept the bulk to a minimum. That is why I also love the new Candy Dots!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Wonderful Blessing, Pennant Parade
Card Stock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Gold Foil Sheet
Ink: Gold Metallic Encore, Whisper White Craft
Other: Gold embossing powder, White embossing powder, Big Shot, Pretty Print embossing folder, Circle Framelits, corner rounder, Candy Dots

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will be able to find the time to play along with this color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

6 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

Very pretty scenery you created Lisa. Love the embossed snow and the stars in the background!

Deb said...

Wow! Love how that stamp looks embossed on the navy! So very pretty!! And the gold foil paper really makes it so elegant! Love this!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, I LOVE this card! What a beautiful scene you created with it, and the navy sky with the gold stars is just Perfect!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card! Perfectly balanced with beautiful details.

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty! Love how you accented the focal image with the gold foil paper! And...I also love the candy dots! They are very mail friendly!

Connie said...

I love that stamp image and wish I would have gotten it earlier this year. Gorgeous card for the challenge, Lisa!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...