Monday, December 16, 2013

Stamp Review Crew: Perfect Blend Edition

Welcome to the 2nd Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop featuring the stamp set, Perfect Blend! Each blog on the hop will inspire you with projects made with this one set. Blog hops are a wonderful way to get ideas!

If you arrived here from Dawn Tidd's blog, then you are in the right place. If I am your first stop, that is ok too. Just follow the links at the end of each post and you will go full circle. 

My first project is a gift card holder for my daughter's stocking. She loves Starbucks and since it is Christmas I made it festive!
I stamped the coffee cup 3 times: once on the Season of Style designer series paper, Whisper white card stock and Silver Glimmer paper. Then I cut out the pieces I needed and assembled my cup as shown. I added a Frosted Finishes Embellishment for some extra sparkle.
When opened, the inside reveals a simple pocket for the gift card and a punched sentiment. The belly band keeps the card closed (no peeking)!

My son-in-law celebrated a birthday last week. He loves coffee so I had fun creating this personalized,masculine card just for him.
The sentiment should read "given enough coffee I could rule the world, temporarily." I changed it though. I lifted the ink from the "I" with a blender pen and stamped. Then I used the fine tip of the Crumb Cake marker and added a "U" in the space left by the "I". 

The background fits with the sentiment - a World Map stamped with the World Map stamp set! And the last thing I stamped was the "Remember  Dec 07 2013", the date of his birthday. I used the Remember This and That Rotary stamp which is such a fun way to personalize a card.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Perfect Blend, Label Love, Sweet Essentials, World Map Background, Remember This and That Rotary stamp
Paper: Seasons of Style, Silver Foil Sheet
Card Stock: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Black Stazon, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Basic Gray
Other: Frosted Finishes Embellishment, Scallop Trim Border Punch, dimensionals, Big Shot, Stylish Stripes folder, Chevron folder, Washi Tape, Candy Dots, Paper Piercing pack, Hardware Clips, sponge, Artisan Label Punch

The next stop in the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop is Kerry Willard Bray's blog. Enjoy the hop!
Thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

Shana Gaff said...

Cute projects, Lisa! I adore the glimmer paper on your gift card holder. It looks beautiful and the band that you created with the cup on it is so clever. Great masculine card too. The date stamp was the perfect touch. I always forget to use it!

Martha said...

Love the masculine card with all its details. Hope your son in law appreciated it! lol Beautiful Christmas gift card holder. Love the glimmer paper.

Tanya Boser said...

OK, where do I begin?! The paper piecing on the first card, with the glimmer paper and little snowflake embellishment, along with the diagonal stripes...love!
Then the modified sentiment and the date stamp on the second card, definitely love that too! You rocked it lady :)

Pops world said...

Pretty cards all two, but i prefer the Christmas version, very beautiful

Adriana Benitez said...

So nice to see feminine and masculine ideas with the same set. The sparkly gift card holder is gorgeous and I love the details (all the flags) on the second one. Good job!

Heidi Baks said...

Very fun, blinged-up cup for your daughter! Love the masculine card and the use of the rotary stamp.

Jill Coleman said...

Very cute projects Lisa. Love the Christmas gift card holder and all the details. And the blue card is super fun.

Dawn Tidd said...

I love both of these, Lisa! The first one is so "Christmasy" and perfect for the gift card it holds. The second one is great for a guy. I'm keeping these in mind if that's ok with you? TFS

Yapha said...

Great projects! I love the bling on the gift card holder, and the World Map is perfect with that sentiment!

Ann Schach said...

Awesome projects, Lisa! I love the masculine card...and the fabulous belly band for the the gift card holder.

Nancy Smith said...

Great cards! I love the paper piecing on the Christmas gift card holder.

Dodge3670 said...

I so adore the belly band and your gift card. You are so brilliant! I love how you made your own saying too. This is such a great idea to have a blog hop for just the one stamp set. I am so lovin' it. Everyone's work is so awesome. Thank you so much for sharing! Lynn G.

Beth Beard said...

Love both projects, but the Christmas one is gorgeous! Love the striped DSP.

Chris Smith said...

What a great pair to show the versatility of this set! I just discovered this hop and absolutely love the premise. I've got to go get my Perfect Blend out of it's unopened container...

Rita Wright said...

Lisa, I love both projects! The first one is something anyone would be thrilled to find in the stocking and the second is a fabulous birthday card. As someone with a December birthday, I always appreciate a real birthday card with NO green or red. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...