Monday, December 2, 2013

Stamp Review Crew: Festive Flurry Edition

Welcome to the first Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop! I am so excited to be a part of this journey! A group of bloggers will be featuring a different Stampin' Up! stamp set on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. Each blog will provide links to the person/blog before, and after their own blog. That way the blog will go in a complete circle.

If you arrived from Dawn Tidd's blog, you are right on target. If I am your first stop, no worries - just follow the links.



So… today's stamp set is Festive Flurry. This is a beautiful snowflake stamp set that has a coordinating set of framelits (sold separately or in a bundle) so you don't have to fussy cut those intricate snowflakes!

I only created one project for this blog hop. My wrist is still in a cast so it takes me a very long time to do anything!

I just read the children's book, Fairy Houses by Tracy Kane, and I have fairies on the mind. I thought it would be fun to create a card with a snowflake fairy and here is what I came up with.

I made her with Wisteria Wonder and Whisper White and a touch of Illuminate Glimmer ink. First I stamped 4 snowflakes: 2 small, 1 medium, 1 large. I skipped the extra large snowflake. Then I cut them with the Festive Flurry Framelits. To give them some definition and shimmer, I rubbed on some Illuminate Glimmer ink and sponged the edges with Wisteria Wonder.

Next I folded 3 snowflakes of graduating sizes in half, and layered them to create the "skirt". The smallest snowflake frames the snowfairy's head. I tried giving her hair but it wasn't working so I went with a face only. Finally, I added Basic Rhinestones to her head and skirt. Pearls would work too but snow sparkles so I went with rhinestones. Oh, and I made a small bow with silver ribbon for her dress.

I kind of wish I had skipped the sentiment but since snow falling is such a peaceful scene I stamped Peace on Earth in the bottom corner.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Festive Flurry, Calm Christmas (sentiment)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, pink pirouette, chocolate chip, Illuminate Glimmer Ink
Other: Big Shot, Festive Flurries Framelits, Northern Flurry embossing folder, Basic Rhinestones, sponge, Silver 1/8" ribbon, 3/4" circle punch

The next stop on the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop is Kerry Willard Bray's blog. To get there click on her name or click on the icon below. Enjoy the trip!

And as always - thanks for stopping!

22 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

Ahhhh! A Snowflake Fairy! Or could she be a snowflake angel? I love her to bits! Thank you so much for being a part of the crew :)

Jen Timko said...

You never stop amazing me with your creativity! What a lovely idea and so wonderfully done! Excited to see the hops each time!

Katy McGloin said...

This card is FANTASTIC!!! Angels are a theme for me and I will be CASE-ing your idea today!! Thanks so much for sharing. I love the blog hop concept and am looking forward to future hops!!

Cindy Beach said...

What a sweet project, Lisa! I love how this beautiful fairy turned out!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, I love this, Lisa! The beautiful fairy is such a sweet and clever idea!

Yapha said...

What an adorable snow fairy! Super cute!

Heidi Baks said...

How cute and clever is this for a punch art fairy? That is pretty adorable!

rubberredneck said...

Lisa this is just adorable!!! I love it beautiful job!

Dawn Tidd said...

This is adorable! How would have thought…a snowflake fairy. Love it!

Jill Coleman said...

Oh my goodness your fairy is so delicate and sweet. What a neat idea and I love how she "pops". Very pretty for sure.

Carolee said...

Beautiful! She is adorable! Thank you for sharing.

Martha said...

Lisa, your card is adorable! Very creative and beautifully done!

WebDeb said...

I'll be dating myself, but this reminds me of "Suzy Snowflake, dressed in her snow-white gown"! (Anybody????) A beautiful fairy, and I think the sentiment fits!

Dodge3670 said...

Awwwwwwww.....how adorable and sweet! I am going to love this blog hop. Thank you so much for sharing!

iguanastamp said...

Thanks for the reminder of the Illuminate Glimmer pad - I need to pull mine out and play with for my Christmas cards. Cute fairy face.

Ann Schach said...

How cute and creative, Lisa! Thanks for sharing this!

Kerry Willard Bray said...

So sweet Lisa! Such a clever idea. And I'm going to have to check out the Fairy Houses book...fairies are big at my house right now! Happy to be hopping with you!

MaryR said...

what a beautiful snow fairy! She looks like a snow angel and I love the sentiment on here - gorgeous stamping with the wisteria and illuminate - love it

Beth Beard said...

The snow flake fairy is so sweet and very creative! Great hopping with you and this talented group!

Rita Wright said...

This is so sweet, Lisa. The little face is just too precious.

Shana Gaff said...

How sweet! What a clever little idea! I love the embossed snowflakes in the background too. Perfect final detail!

Louise Radies said...

Adorable. I am your newest follower. Hope you will come by and visit me on my blog. Happy Stampin' from Louise
www.creationsbylouise.blogspot.ca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...