Thursday, December 19, 2013

Joyful Wishes CCMC282

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas here in New England. We got a fresh round of snow and I thought how perfectly today's colors from Create with Connie and Mary , go with the season!
I have been yearning to do some watercoloring so I chose the stamp set, Joyful Wishes for today's card and had a great time coloring it. 
First I stamped it on watercolor paper and then embossed with silver. My favorite way to watercolor is with markers and a brush and blender pen. Believe it or not only Cherry Cobbler was used on my flower. I just kept layering the color to get the shading. The center is a Frosted Finishes embellishment.

I also embossed the sentiment with silver but if you look closely the JOYFUL and WISHES are darker. That is because I first inked the stamp with Versamark and then added some Cherry Cobbler ink to those 2 words by using a marker. Embossing the entire thing with silver toned down the Cherry Cobbler.

I am mailing this card to my 91 year old aunt. She loves poinsettias!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Joyful Wishes
Paper: Watercolor
Card Stock: Whisper White, Silver Foil, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Versamark, Cherry Cobbler
Other: Big Shot, Stylish Stripes folder, Silver embossing powder, Rhinestones, Brush, Blender Pen, Frosted Finishes Emblellishment, Scallop Trim Border Punch

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will be able to find some time during all of the business of the week to check out the color inspiration at Create with Connie and Mary. And , dare I hope, that you will try the colors for yourself?!

4 comments:

Deb said...

I think your aunt will love this poinsettia! SO very pretty! Love the way you layered and added the depth with the watercoloring! I do hope nothing happens to it when it's mailed!!

Lisa Martz said...

Beautiful card! I think this stamp set was on everyone's mind for this week's challenge! Each card is unique and different! Love the added textures and punched borders on your card.

Connie said...

Too funny, I get in the mood for coloring, too! I love your gorgeous water-colored poinsettia. Such a striking card! Great job with the challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Wow! Amazing poinsettia! You did an amazing job with it, the coloring and layering is perfect. Merry Christmas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...