Thursday, November 28, 2013

Wishing You CCMC279

Happy Thanksgiving! It is my favorite holiday for many reasons and this year I have lots to be thankful for.

But, it is also challenge day at Create with Connie and Mary. Here is this week's challenge: a sketch.
I could have made a Thanksgiving card but with the Christmas rush about to begin, I went with a Christmas card.

All of the little presents are cut out, and as I was trying to stack them neatly, one of them kept slipping so I went with that. I deliberately stacked them at angles - which is how my gifts look under the tree each year due to Gideon our cat! I wouldn't put ribbon on my real packages under the tree because that is a magnet to him.
And speaking of presents and packages, the stamp set I used, Wishing You, can also be used for birthdays. Just change the colors.

Crumb Cake, Red, and White is a favorite Christmas color combination of mine. To me it is a country combo. So the polka dot paper in the Season of Style collection worked well for this card.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Wishing You
Paper: Seasons of Style dsp, Polka Dot Parade dsp
Card Stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Crumb Cake
Ink: Real Red, Crumb Cake
Other: corner rounder, linen thread, big shot, Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder

Check out what the other members of the design team created. And hopefully you will try the sketch too! All at Create with Connie and Mary.

5 comments:

Chellie B said...

Love the catty-wampus pile of presents! That's how they look at our house, too!

Deb said...

Love how the gifts are all stacked at angles! That's usually how my gifts look, too! Great way to use this stamp! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Lisa Martz said...

What a fun Christmas card! Love the "falling" stack of presents! Great job!

Nicole Tugrul said...

I love your card, the colors are so cheerful! I am regretting not getting that stamp with the gifts now!

Connie said...

I must admit that this stamp set didn't really appeal to me, but I absolutely LOVE how you stacked the presents...it is just SO much fun and now makes me wish I'd have bought it! WONDERFUL card for the sketch challenge this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...