Sunday, November 24, 2013

An announcement and a card.

Before I talk about today's card I want to tell you about a new Bi-Monthly Blog Hop, called Stamp Review Crew, that I am really excited about! I will try to explain by using the old who, what, where, when, why format.

Who: Stamp Review Crew - a group of bloggers, all Stampin' Up!. Click Here for information and a complete list of the bloggers. It is a wonderful group of very talented stampers. I am honored to be on the list.

What: on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, a specific Stampin' Up! stamp set will be featured in a Blog Hop. Not all of the bloggers listed above will participate each time. So some months will have more stops than others.

Where: Right here Online!

When: The 1st and 3rd Monday of each month beginning December 2nd.

Why: To bring inspiration to you, our fellow stampers. 

Our first hop will feature Festive Flurries stamp set. Should be fun!

Now for today's card. My husband had a birthday last week so I created a nostalgic card for him. I was totally inspired by this card of Brian King's. I love Brian's card because of the combination of the designer paper with the Lava Lamp. The paper really looks like the inside of a Lava Lamp! If you don't know much about the original Lava Lamps, you can read more here. 

My card.
I added some texture and 3 bubblin' hearts for added interest. I didn't add a birthday sentiment. Instead I wrote a long note on the inside :)


All Supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Crazy, Mixed-Up Love Clear-mount Stamp Set
Paper: Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper
Card Stock: Very Vanilla 8-1/2X11 Card Stock

                  Island Indigo 8-1/2 X 11 Card Stock

                  Midnight Muse 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock

Ink: Island Indigo Stampin' Write Marker

       2012-2014 In Color Stampin' Write Markers


Other: Small Heart Punch

           Big Shot Die-Cut Machine

          Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

Jane Giggy said...

Your card is so cute! I'm excited to see your first Blog Hop!

Marla said...

I'm excited to see what you all create. What a fabulous group of quality stampers! ...and love your card, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...