Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Maine and Manly Birthday CCMC276

I'm here with another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. This week's color challenge feature what I would call retro colors. But I went a different direction with my card!

I need a guy's birthday card for an upcoming birthday and since this particular guy enjoys Maine, I created a card with that in mind. Lobster is something I definitely associate with Maine!
I used the Coastal Cabana paper from the In Colors collection as my background. The pattern really reminds me of ocean waves so I made my stamped panels small enough to allow some of the paper to peek through.

The speckles from Gorgeous Grunge represent bubbles and I added a few Candy dots on 2 of the panels to balance out the colors. This is such an easy card to create and should go through the mail fairly easily.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, By the Tide, Four You
Paper: In Color Collection - Coastal Cabana
Card Stock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Smoky Slate
Other: Candy Dots

I really enjoyed these colors and I hope you will too! Just go to Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Blog to link your project and to get some inspiration from the rest of the Design Team!

Thanks for stopping.

7 comments:

Margaret Raburn said...

Wow, Lisa, what a perfect stamp set you chose to showcase these colors!! I love the layout with the three segments too! Outstanding!

Lisa Martz said...

I like the "block" technique you used here. Another great idea for a man card! I can never get enough of those ideas...since we barely have any man sets.

Connie said...

LOVE this card for a masculine card. Makes me hungry for yummy fresh lobster, too! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Deb said...

What a super layout! And I love these colors for a masculine card! Works great with these images!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Wonderful card! I love the block technique. This stamp set is just perfect for this color challenge!

Erika Clark said...

What a great looking card! I love the blocking that you've done, and that bright red lobster is the best!

Melissa Davies said...

Great colors for this set! I love the way you blocked the images on the DSP and the little speckles look like the images are under water!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...