Thursday, October 3, 2013

Too Kind CCMC271

It's Thursday and that means another great challenge at Create with Connie and Mary! It is a square sketch this week which I happen to love. 
I have been trying to clean up my flower gardens before the leaves begin to fall and now that I removed a lot of the dead stuff, I can actually see some of the mums, marigolds and asters that are in full bloom. I used them as my inspiration for my card.
After I stamped my flowers and the stems I sponged, ever so lightly, some Crisp Cantaloupe ink around the flowers. Then I created even more depth by using a Crumb Cake marker on the right side of each stem and under some of the flower petals. 

I still miss the Color Spritzer Tool but I love the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and the speckle stamp! I use it all the time. That is how I added the Crumb Cake speckles around my flowers.

I deviated from the sketch in that my 2 background pieces are of equal size and my focal image is centered. I tried to follow the sketch exactly but it just wasn't working for me. But that is what is so fun about doing sketch challenges - they can be interpreted in a variety of ways!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Too Kind, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Venetian Romance dsp
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Crisp Cantaloupe, Tangerine Tango
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Crisp Cantaloupe, Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake
Other: Candy Dots, sponge, Linen Thread, Corner Punch, Big Shot, Window Frames Collection

And there you have it! For some great inspiration, check out what the other Design Team Members have created at Create with Connie and Mary. Hopefully this sketch will inspire you to play along!

5 comments:

Connie said...

I had missed the Itty Bitty Backgrounds SO much, so I'm very happy they brought out Gorgeous Grunge! LOVE your flowers...so pretty and fall looking! My mums are gorgeous this year! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Deb said...

This is just so beautifully done! I don't know how you did it but you gave a real 3-d look to those flowers! I really love this!!

Lisa Martz said...

Soft and pretty! I love the stamp set you chose! The colors are so yummy! You made the flowers look real!

Debbie Henderson said...

We are having a weird fall here in Maine where our flowers haven't died yet so you are ahead of me with the cleaning of your gardens. Love how you recreated your card to go with your mums!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the look of the light sponging around the flowers!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...