Thursday, October 24, 2013

Calm Christmas CCMC274

Hello Stampers.

Welcome to another challenge at Create with Connie and Mary. Who's ready for a color challenge? 
I went with a Christmas card this week - or it doesn't have to be a Christmas card. Who doesn't want Peace on the Earth?

To create the card I used the World Map background stamp and Soft Sky ink for a soft subtle background. Then I stamped the dove on Very Vanilla card stock, cut it out, sponged it and layered it with dimensionals.
I was just going to let the card go as is without the Pearls, but decided it needed something so I added 2 rows of the Basic Pearls. I am sooo glad Soft Sky is back. It is just so.... well... soft!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: World Map background, Calm Christmas
Paper: Sweater Weather dsp
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Soft Sky
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Soft Sky
Other: Basic Pearls, Sponge

The other members of the Create with Connie and Mary design team created some beautiful cards with these colors. Be sure to check them out! And please feel free to accept the challenge for yourself! We love to see everyone's creativity.

Thanks for stopping.

6 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

How neat to use the Map stamp for a background with the dove image. So Christmasy!

Deb said...

What a great idea to use the map background stamp! It's perfect! And your card is so soft and pretty! Love it!

Lisa Martz said...

I love the world map behind the focal points...Peace on Earth! Beautiful card! I also really like how the only Cherry Cobbler is the wording...really makes it POP!

Connie said...

Gorgeous! I didn't even notice the World Map until you mentioned it, but I love it! It fits the theme so well! Great job with the Color Challenge!

Nicole Tugrul said...

So beautiful and elegant! Love it!

Melissa Davies said...

Another use for the map background! Who would have thought to use it for the Holidays? You, of course! Fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...