Thursday, October 10, 2013

Birthday Butterfly CCMC272

Hi there stampers. Welcome to another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. Are you ready for a color challenge? 

Here it is:
I decided to bite the bullet (so to speak) and make Bermuda Bay the main color. And that actually made it easier for me to incorporate this color that I rarely use! 

I needed a birthday card and bright colors always lend themselves well to birthday cards, especially for children. 
Disclaimer: The punched, scalloped strip of So Saffron card stock was straight when I made the card - at least I thought it was! 

I sponged the wings of the butterfly to make them stand out a little more. Then I drew the antennae by hand and added the Simply Pressed Clay flower in the center. I added the tiny butterflies as an afterthought. They are from the Fitting Occasion stamp set. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 

Stamps: A Fitting Occasion, Perfectly Penned
Paper: Polka Dot Parade dsp, Brights Collection dsp (Bermuda Bay)
Card Stock: Whisper White, So Saffron, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry
Other: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, sponge, Buttons and Blossoms Mold, Simply Pressed Clay, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch

To participate in the color challenge, to see what the other members of the Design Team created, or just to be inspired, head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous card! I love the bright butterfly!

Dodge3670 said...

Very pretty card. Your disclaimer is too funny! I'm glad to see this happens to someone other than me. I actually really like the effect tho'. Seriously, I think it would be darling with an even wider angle at one end. I did make the card purse that you so kindly shared instructions with us some time ago. I have had more complements on it than any other item that I have made. Thanks for sharing with us and for the much needed smile! Lynn G.

Melissa Davies said...

I never even noticed the uneven scallop strip - those cute little butterflies caught my eyes! Such a sweet card!

Margaret Raburn said...

I didn't see the uneven strip either until I read your script! lol! I'm always noticing something in my photo that I didn't see on the card. How does that happen! But I saw the lovely big butterfly with the flower (great idea!)and the sweet little ones! Lovely colorful card!

Deb said...

What a sweet birthday card! Love the butterfly!! The clay flower is a great accent! Love this!

Lisa Martz said...

Love how you showcased that pretty Bermuda butterfly! Pretty card! I thought the uneven strip was done that way on purpose!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...