Thursday, September 26, 2013

CCMC270 Thank You

Welcome back for another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary! It is an interesting color combination this week - at least I thought so. But I love the card I created so it is all good :)

Here are the colors. I have to admit the Bermuda Bay threw me. But I know that the rest of the design team will absolutely Wow me with what they created. It happens every week. And each one is so different!
I went with an autumn card using the single stamp, Magnificent Maple. What a great stamp this is turning out to be!
I couldn't quite figure out how to get Bermuda Bay in there so I added a feather and a Candy Dot which was just enough for me. The Thank You came about by accident. I had a "thankful" all cut by using the new Expressions thinlits. Somehow the "ul" got mangled. I suspect the cat but I have no proof. He isn't malicious, he is just big! And when he walks around my work area - well let's just say things sometimes go wrong. Rather than throw away the mangled die cut. I looked through my sentiment stamps to see if I had a stamp that could be used with just "thank". Once again the Four You stamp set came through for me. I used the Thank You stamp from that set but only inked the "You" half of it. It was large enough that it worked!

And because I am in love with Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, I added some splatter around the leaves.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Magnificent Maple, Four You, Fine Feathers, Gorgeous Grunge
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze
Ink: Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay
Other: Candy Dot, Big Shot, Expressions Thinlits

So another great color combination from Create with Connie and Mary is there for you to try!

Thanks for stopping by.


7 comments:

Deb said...

I just love that feather with the leaves! Genius! And I love how you made the thinlit word work! Beautiful card!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Very nice, Lisa. I like how you recovered your "thank" by adding "you" from a stamp set. "Thanks" to the cat! :-)

Jennie Pugmire said...

What a great card. I'm not sure I would have known what to do with Bermuda Bay either. My kids and your cat must be in cahoots!

Jennie
designsWithPaper.blogspot.com

Lisa Martz said...

Lovely fall card, Lisa! I now own that leaf because of all the great cards I have seen with it! And I love how the feather and candy dot are in Bermuda Bay...just a touch of that color is all you need!

Margaret Raburn said...

Another beautiful card!! I love the feather with the leaves and lots of white spaces. The thankful "incident" turned out to be a great idea!

Nicole Tugrul said...

You are so clever Lisa! Love the Bermuda Bay leaf, looks amazing!!

Connie said...

OK...that feather set has been calling my name for some time now...love how you added it as a pop of color on the leaves! Also love how you cut the thanks greeting and just used a portion of it! Great job with the color challenge last week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...