Thursday, September 19, 2013

CCMC269 Happy Birthday

I am back with another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. It is a sketch challenge this week. Hopefully you are realizing that the color and sketch challenge alternates week to week? Last week: color challenge. This week: sketch challenge. Next week: color challenge. Etc. I have no idea why I felt the need to explain that!
The base of the card/sketch is slightly smaller than the middle panel so, yes, it will fit in the envelope. Here is what I created.
I made this card for my brother who celebrated his birthday this past week. When we get together we drink coffee - a lot of coffee! So the Coffee Cup from the Perfect Blend stamp set became my "flower". It needed something so I added some stars from the Simply Stars stamp set. I was just going to use "Birthday Wishes" but then I realized it could be combined with one of the sentiments from the Yippee-Skippee! stamp set. Even better!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Perfect Blend, Simply Stars, Four You, Yippee-Skippee!
Paper: Sweater Weather dap
Card Stock: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Soft Sky
Other: Mini Brad, Chevron Punch

Another fun sketch from Create with Connie and Mary just waiting for you! I hope you can play along with us this week!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Deb said...

When I was getting ready to work with this sketch I was upset that I didn't have this stamp set as I thought it would work perfectly. And it does! Love your card!!

Debbie Henderson said...

I just received this stamp set this past week and can't wait to try it. Love what you did with it and the colors you used!

Lisa Martz said...

I don't drink coffee, but many of my friends do, so I had to get this stamp set. Thank you for another wonderful idea using it! Fun card!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a great card!! I just love this set!! Would be a perfect guy card with the colors you used.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...