Thursday, September 5, 2013

CCMC267 Pocket Card


Hello, stampers. Thanks for stopping by!

Today's post is another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Blog. Below is the sketch - with a twist! It is a pocket card!

I'm sorry the image is blurry but you get the idea.

I thought a pocket card would be perfect for a birthday card. 
Once I made the pocket, I covered it with my favorite designer paper, Modern Medley. I love black and white/vanilla so I was thrilled to see this dsp in the catalog! My favorite way to use this color combo is with a pop of color. In this case I used Strawberry Slush.

I added some glimmer and bling since it is a Birthday card :)
I stamped the inside with the Flower Shop flowers combined with the stems from Too Kind stamp set. Perfect! A few Rhinestones and a dsp tab at the top complete the insert.

This is such a fun type of card to make and I hope you will try it. If you do, don't forget to link it up at Create with Connie and Mary. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Flower Shop, Too Kind, Bring on the Cake
Paper: Modern Medley, Silver Glimmer paper
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Black Stazon, Pear Pizzazz
Other: Corner Rounder Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Large Rhinestones, Antique Brad, Pansy Punch

Have a wonderful, creative day!

6 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

I like how you added the pull-out tab and the Strawberry Slush looks striking against the black!

Deb said...

Love the black and white with a splash of the pink! So pretty!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Fantastic card! The contrast of Basic Black and Strawberry Slush is fantastic!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the Strawberry combined with the black...really pops! Love the touch of glimmer paper as well! Perfect pairings.

Connie said...

Love this color combo and details with the flowers! Great job!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, I love your beautiful Black and White pocket card!! The Strawberry Sluch flowers are the perfect "accessory" to make the whole composition POP!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...