Thursday, August 29, 2013

CCMC266

Sorry for the late post. Can my life get any crazier? I will try to post about that another time.

Today is a Color Challenge at Create with Connie and Mary. As you may recall, my card last week used the same colors and I almost didn't post it because of that. But I loved that card too much. And I love today's card even more!

Anyway, I created a different card for today using those same colors.

I wanted to create a silhouette with the goose from Wetlands stamp set.
First I layered the Sweater Weather designer paper to look like earth and sunset. Then I stamped the foliage and goose with Black Stazon. I colored in the goose with a Basic Black Marker and the new Chalk Marker.

Finally I die cut the entire thing with a Circle Framelit and popped it up with some dimensionals. Love this card. Love Wetlands stamp set!!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Wetlands
Paper: Sweater Weather
Card Stock: Whisper White
Ink: Black Stazon, Basic Black
Other: Big Shot, Circle Framelit, Chalk Marker, dimensionals

Thanks for stopping.
Don't forget to check out the Create with Connie and Mary blog and see what the other design team members created. And we hope you will create something yourself!

11 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! This is a super cool way to use this stamp set! I love this!!

Eva MarĂ­a Iranzo Olmo said...

¡Beautiful!Congratulations.
Kss

Dodge3670 said...

Totally awesome and unique. Love it! Lynn G.

vickiscraft said...

Lovely card Lisa, I really like the way you've layered the papers and then stamped over them, looks really effective!

Vicki x

Mary Davidson said...

Absolutely awesome card, Lisa! This is my favorite set in the catalog! Beautiful design using the DSP as the background. I love it! Thanks for inspiring!

Lisa Martz said...

I love how you did this! Stamping on the DSP with the dark image...it looks so cool! Great card!

Debbie Henderson said...

So neat how you used 3 strips of DSP and I love the white on white layers!

Margaret Raburn said...

Such a great idea to use the dsp strips in this creative way, Lisa! You really conveyed the idea you wanted to... this is a beautiful use of this set!!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful fall card! I love the layers behind your stamping, so unique!

Connie said...

LOVE how you used the DSP for layers on the circle!!! AND, also love the vibrant colors set off on white! Gorgeous card for the CCMC color challenge this week!

Melissa Davies said...

This is AWESOME! How clever to use the DSP in the circle and then stamp the image - a great idea for those who are intimidated by coloring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...