Thursday, August 8, 2013

CCMC263 Hello Doily

I pulled out an old, favorite stamp of mine for today's Sketch Challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.

First, I want to show you the sketch.
I chose to use Hello, Doily for the focal point and created a (sort of) vintage Birthday Card that I will be mailing. I embossed the doily with white embossing powder and then divided it according to the sketch.
Once I stamped and cut the large doily, I stamped the smallest doily from Delicate Doilies stamp set. Then I just punched it and added it to the center with an Antique Brad.
I was really happy with how this card turned out. I think the recipient will like it too!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Hello, Doily, Delicate Doilies, Four You
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum
Ink: Whisper White craft ink, Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake
Other: corner rounder punch, circle punch, Itty Bitty punch, sponge, Antique Brad, Basic Pearls, White Embossing Powder

Thanks for stopping. And as always, I encourage you to try the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary for yourself!

8 comments:

Dodge3670 said...

Your card is so beautiful. I admire your talent. The color combination is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Margaret Raburn said...

I love the Doily set; I need to get mine out to use again! The colors and details make for a beautiful card! Someone will be a very happy recipient!!

Melissa Davies said...

I LOVE how you cut the large doily background stamp - what a great effect with the cut panels!

Debbie Henderson said...

So creative how you split up the doily and I love the white over the crumb cake!

Connie said...

The large doily is perfect for this sketch! Love the white embossed on Crumb Cake...so rich looking! Great job with the sketch this week!

Deb said...

What a beautiful vintage birthday card! Love this!

Lisa Martz said...

A person can never go wrong with the doily stamp! Very pretty!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous!! So clever to break up the doily. And I love the added touch of the flowers after the greeting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...