Thursday, August 1, 2013

CCMC262 Fine Feathers

Hi Stampers! It is time for another challenge at Create with Connie and Mary. 

This week it is a color challenge: 1 Bright, 2 Neutrals or 1 Old color, 2 new colors
I confess I didn't even open my Bermuda Bay stamp pad until I made this card. Yup. It was still in the shrink wrap. So it was fun to play around with a color that I haven't used since its In-Color days - not sure when that even was! 

I recently added the stamp set, Fine Feathers to my collection so that is the set I chose for this color challenge.That, and a few others :) 
Tip: I stamped the sentiment, "Awesome...Thanks!" on a piece of Whisper White card stock and then cut it apart. I love that the words are spaced far enough apart that I could do this.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Fine Feathers, Yippee-Skippee, Dictionary background, Off the Grid
Paper: Brights Collection
Card Stock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Basic Black
Ink: Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay
Other: Baker's Twine, Candy Dots, Glimmer Brad, Corner Rounder

Thanks for checking in today. Head on over to Create with Connie and Mary Challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team created. And we would love to see what you create with the colors! It's fun, it's easy to link up, and you may be chosen as a Top 3!

8 comments:

Deb said...

What a FUN card!! Love your mix of stamps, paper and embellishments! You made them work together perfectly!

Marla said...

You nailed it, Lisa! Perfect card!

Connie said...

I've put off buying that feather stamp set, but your card has pushed me over the top...love all the elements on your card! Great job with the color challenge!

Melissa Davies said...

I have to admit that the feather set did nothing for me - until NOW! I love all the layers and combination of all the stamps - fab-u lous!

Debbie Henderson said...

Ditto, ditto to what everyone else said! I love this stamp set and great job using it!

Nicole Tugrul said...

I love your card design, all the elements are just beautiful together! Makes me take a second look at a stamp set that I wasn't too sure about!

Margaret Raburn said...

OH no! More for my want list! I've actually wanted that feather set but there was always something else to get. So glad you got it and shared this beautifully composed card!! I love how you put all these stamps together and came up with such a stunning card!

Lisa Martz said...

Love how you have used the feathers for this card! Love all the elements and texture the grid stamp gives this. Wonderful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...