Saturday, July 27, 2013

Yippee Skippee!

I am always on the lookout for new Challenge blogs and I recently discovered Inkspire Me Challenge blog. It is a group of German and USA (I think) Stampin' Up! demonstrators and the challenges vary between Color and Sketches. Fortunately for those of us who don't read German, the blog is in English too :)

These are the colors.

I tried something different for my card - everything is on a slant. It all started with a piece of Pool Party card stock that I embossed with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder. This folder's stripes are on a slant (I don't know how else to describe it) so I just played off that.  The Stylish Stripes folder is available in the Holiday Catalog, August 1st. 
I used Washi Tape and dsp to add some color and pattern. In keeping with the angles, I stamped Yippee-Skippee on a strip of Whisper White card stock, added some Candy Dots, and called it finished. That last sentence reminds me of my daughters' high school English teacher. I know this is random. Lol. Anyway, he did not like to hear anyone say " I am done". "Bread is done, cake is done. You are finished", is what he would say. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click here for my Online Store.

Stamps: Yippee-Skippee!
Paper: Soft Subtles collection, Polka Dot Parade
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pool Party
Other: Candy dots, Washi Tape, Big Shot, Stylish Stripes embossing folder (available August 1st)

Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

marionstempelt.com said...

Love how you created the pattern on your card! Thank you so much for joining us at Inkspire me. Marion

Joanne Travis said...

Love the angled stripes! Very cool.

mathgirl said...

Wow! Love the tilted stripes! Refreshing!

Jenny said...

A great idea, thanks for playing IN{K}SPIRE_me. Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...