Monday, July 15, 2013

Simply Sketched Watercolor


I noticed in the new Stampin' Up! catalog there aren't very many stamp sets that lend themselves to watercoloring which is my favorite thing to do. Don't get me wrong, I love the new catalog and the stamp sets too!

One of the hostess sets, Simply Sketched is perfect for watercoloring and I love it. I needed a sympathy card this week so I created today's card rather quickly.
I used Shimmery White Card stock for the front layer because it holds up well when water is applied. First I puddled some water on the front with my aqua painter. Then I added some watered down ink refill in 3 different colors. After that I let the colors merge and blend with a little help by tipping the card stock back and forth. For the final step I used the heat tool to speed up the drying process.

Once everything was dry I stamped the bird image and sentiment. To give the bird some definition I added some more color just to the bird image. 

I still miss the Color Spritzer Tool but Gorgeous Grunge stamp set sure does make some great ink spots! And I can control where they land. Lol.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! My Online Store for all of your stamping needs can be found by clicking Here.

Stamps: Simply Sketched, Gorgeous Grunge
Card Stock: Whisper White, Shimmery White
Ink: Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, Baked Brown Sugar, Black Stazon
Other: Aqua painter, paint brush

On another note, I am hoping to bring home a dog tomorrow! We had another disappointment last week when I saw a dog available at the local shelter. Drove over to look at her, fell in love with her and then found out she had been adopted over the weekend and the staff forgot to put an "Adopted" sign on her cage. I was crushed. Again. But now there is hope again for another dog. I will update you if all goes well. Or not. 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Karen M said...

This is a fabulous watercolour piece of art. I love how you did this, and so quickly too. Hope you get your dog soon x

Helen said...

This is a beautiful card - and I am going to try that technique, as I'm really into the watercoloured look at the moment. Now I need to read on to see if you managed to get your dog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...