Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Our newest family member

I have been a very bad blogger lately. Between the heat and life, I haven't been able to get creative as often as I would like. Part of the reason for my absence has been this little darling.

Meet Gigi. We got her a week ago today and she is such a great little dog and we absolutely love her.
She is a 4 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. It is nice to have a dog that is already house trained, used to riding in a car and past the chewing stage. Her goal in life is to be as close to people as she can possibly get! It has been an interesting week because Gigi has never been around cats and our cat has never seen a dog. At first Gideon (the cat) kept his distance and we kept a gate up in the hallway to keep them separate because Gigi wanted to inspect him. Now we don't need the gate and they are fine with each other.
Here she is sleeping next to me while I stamped my card for this week's Create with Connie and Mary challenge. 


 The typical Cavalier pose. I love her ears!

Before we got Gigi, I researched the breed and am well aware of the health issues. I would like to caution anyone who is considering this breed to buy from a breeder who takes breeding very seriously and has their dogs tested regularly. Rescuing a Cavalier from a Rescue organization is a different story. I am talking about buying a puppy. And NEVER buy from a pet store no matter what the breed and no matter what they tell you! Ok, that is my soap box.

Here are some links to learn more.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club - USA http://www.ckcsc.org

This woman is passionate about the subject of Cavaliers - just warning you. http://www.chadwickspaniels.com/Finding%20a%20Puppy%20WE.html

It has been an interesting week with the heat and acclimating the dog to us, and the dog and cat to each other! After 6 months of trying to adopt a dog and after many disappointments we finally have a dog and she seems to be the perfect dog for us. So happy.

Hang in there with me.

8 comments:

SeeJulieStamp said...

Adorable!

Joanne Travis said...

Congratulations on your newest family member! It's good to have a little stamping buddy next to you while you work. So cute!

Chellie B said...

Congrats on the newest addition to your family. She sure is a pretty little lady and seems to know what a lucky pup she is to have scored a forever family to love her.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

OMG just adorable and I love your pets'names. hugs.

Cookie1 said...

oh she is beautiful....and I'm positive she's a lot of company. How wonderful you were able to save her.... give her a pet for me.... thx for sharing the pic

Mary said...

What a cutie you got there and kudo's to you for adopting a rescue dog too!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Congratulations on the newest furry member of your family. I, too, am searching for a dog to adopt. The perfect one will come my way. I'm glad your sweet little girl has found her forever home.

Helen said...

What a gorgeous dog - so glad she has found such a loving forever home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...