Thursday, July 25, 2013

CCMC 261 Sketch Challenge

Hello stamper friends. I am so thankful for you and that is what today's card is all about! Ok, that and it is a Sketch Challenge at Create with Connie and MaryBe sure and check out what the other design team members created!

The sketch:

And my interpretation: 
I am teasing you a little this week because the "thankful" sentiment going up the side of my card is not available till August 1st when the Holiday Mini goes live. But it is only a week away! It is one of 3 Thinlits Dies and I am thrilled that Stampin' Up! is offering this trendy item.

My focal image is the Summer Silhouettes stamp set. When I look out at my perennial garden this time of year, I see lots of pinks and oranges and that is where I got my color inspiration for the flowers. Once I stamped and punched the circle, I layered it onto the Gingham Garden paper and then stamped the speckles  from my Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. It kind of looks like seeds blowing around which is the look I was going for. 

Finally I added the little "For You" circle from A Round Array stamp set. Keeping it simple.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Summer Silhouettes, Gorgeous Grunge, A Round Array
Paper: Gingham Garden dap
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Candy Dot, dimensional, scallop circle punch, circle punch, Big Shot, Expressions Thinlits Die available August 1st.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will stop by the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Blog and maybe try the sketch yourself. We love to see everyone's creativity. I am always amazed at the diversity of cards.

8 comments:

Deb said...

What a fantastic way to use the new thinlits! Love that!! And I love how you used the grunge stamp! Very pretty card!

Eva María Iranzo Olmo said...

¡Qué bonita tarjeta! Saludos desde España.
Besos.

Jennie Pugmire said...

What a great card! I can't wait to get that die. I was on the fence, but now I've climbed over :)
Jennie

Shannon said...

WOW! This card makes it hard to wait to get those thinlits! It's such a pretty card! Have you had a lot of trouble getting it out of the die? Any tips you'd like to share?
Shannon
www.craftyshannon.blogspot.com

Debbie Henderson said...

Love the thinlits Lisa. I hope you didn't have a "duh" moment like I did. I didn't see the little tiny "push" holes in the thinlits my first time around so I didn't use them! Great card!

Lisa Martz said...

Beautiful card! I love how soft and pretty it is! Great way to use the new thinlits. I like to see those being used...haven't bought them though as they look hard to use/hard to adhere.

Nicole Tugrul said...

Just beautiful!! I love how you added in the new thinlit!! This card definitely sells them!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love how you showcased the new Thinlits! So pretty! Your colors and description make me envision a beautiful patch of wildflowers! Lovely card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...