Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Manly Birthday Card


And just like yesterday, I have another birthday card to show you. I made it for my new son-in-law who just recently had a birthday.  And today is my daughter's birthday (his wife) so I will be having labor pains all day. Haha. Actually she was a fast and easy birth! I would show you the card I made for her birthday - but I didn't make her one!!! My husband purchased one that he thought was so appropriate so we sent that instead. 

I totally Cased today's card which I rarely do but it is one of those cards that I just had to make. Here is the card from My Memory Verses blog that I used as my inspiration. I love how she distressed the jacket and her explanation of why.

For my card I added a pocket instead of the badge and changed the t-shirt a little but that is about it. Such a fun card!
Stamps: Made for You
Paper: Twitterpated dsp
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze
Ink: Basic Gray
Other: brads, Oval punch (for the neck), circle punch (for the corner), distressing tool, sponge.

Happy Wednesday! 

7 comments:

Rosie said...

cool card

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

lisa LOVE this one. I've seen many shirt cards, but this one is amazing. love it. hugs

Nancy said...

Hi, it's Nancy here from My Memory Verses. I think your card looks fabulous, you did an excellent job!

Carol Carriveau said...

Fabulous....I have not seen the original but love the t-shirt and the wrinkled lapels on the jacket....TFS!!!!

Hazel Mills said...

what a lovely birthday card! I love the layout and the design. A wonderful creation! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
Hazel
Birthday Card Messages

Helen said...

What a brilliant idea! I've used your idea for a card of my own, and have given you credit on my blog... hope that's OK!
http://diningroomdrawers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/mens-shirt-jacket-birthday-card.html
Helen

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome design! I love it! I have a hard time with masculine cards. Just wanted to let you know that I loved your card so much, I had to CASE it. Here is my post: http://stampnmad.typepad.com/mad_stamper/2015/01/taylored-expressions-pocketful-of-sunshine.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...