Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mixed feelings on this one

I have mixed feelings about today's card. I love the background. I will explain that later in my post. And I love the tree. But I'm not sure how I feel about the 2 together. What do you think?


The tree is from the stamp set, Serene Silhouettes. I used markers and colored directly on the stamp and then stamped it onto First Edition dsp. that was pretty easy and I really like stamping on the First Edition designer paper!


The background was done by first stamping with the Woodgrain Background stamp and then running it through the Big Shot with the new Woodgrain embossing folder. Once I did that I distressed it and added some Lucky Limeade dsp along the bottom. The woodgrain background kind of looks like a birch tree which wasn't my original intention at all.

If I had to do this card again, I think I would separate the 2 elements and make 2 different cards. I think. Always second guessing myself....!

Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Woodgrain Background, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: First Edition Specialty, Lucky Limeade (In Color collection)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Early Espresso
Ink: Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Cajun Craze
Other: Big Shot, Woodgrain emb. folder (Holiday Mini), button, linen thread, Vintage trinket, sponge, word window punch


Thanks for stopping.

4 comments:

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Lisa this is gorgeous and don't over think it. Love the whole thing. hugs.

littlebitoftoto said...

I disagree...this card is awesome. Don't change a thing....love it

Denise Willerton said...

What a fabulous card Lisa ~ I don't see any second thoughts on this at all ~ LOVE it!!!

Debby said...

I think it would work better if the stamped tree was in some green color since you've used a bright green at the base. That suggests spring where the tree as stamped now looks like Autumn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...