Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Two Happy Birthdays!


By two happy birthdays, I mean that today is the birthday of 2 family members. I don't have 2 cards to show you. But, the card I do have is different from my usual fare. 

The first birthday belongs to our kitten, now cat, Gideon. He is 1 year old today!

Here he is as a baby. Awww. He is so cute.

Then he discovered that the back of the sofa makes a great recliner! Here he is as an adolescent.

And still snoozin'. Here he is at 1 year old.

One last photo, just so you know he doesn't sleep all the time. :)
This is what happens when your children grow up and move away. Your pets become your kids. Lol!

And the other birthday today, belongs to my dear, sweet, sister-in-law - mother of 5, soon to be 6 children! Today's birthday card belongs to her.

My inspiration was the Christmas card found Here. I originally saw it on Pinterest. It caught my attention because it is so simple, but so Wow! 

I designed my own card front using the Mocha Morning designer paper. 

The Wow comes when you open up the card and the presents pop up! I LOVE pop up cards.
I made a template first with scrap paper. Then once, the packages were the size I liked, I used Very Vanilla cardstock and covered them with more Mocha Morning dsp and ribbon. So easy. So fun!

Edit (4/12): Due to the amount of requests I have had for directions/tutorial, I will be posting a tutorial soon. Thanks for all of the positive feedback!

Edit (4/13): The tutorial can be found here. It's alot of photos!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Delightful Dozen, On Your Birthday
Paper: Mocha Morning dsp
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Other: Vanilla ribbon, Basic Pearls, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Big Shot, Adorning Accents Emb. Folder

Thanks for stopping by!

30 comments:

Rita said...

Gideon is adorable! We have 3 fur babies and a real human one on the way. I hope they are okay with sharing us! :)

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh....I'm ooohing and aahing over the kitty and then the front of your card....and then I see the INSIDE! Awesome! What a neat trick!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a fantastic idea!

bensarmom said...

Lisa, your pictures of your kitten to cat are just darling. I love the recliner one with his paw over his face.
Your card is amazing. Makes me want to try to make one of these. Thanks for sharing the inside too.

Anonymous said...

This is oh so cute!! Would love a tutorial.

aureliaeugenia said...

Gideon is sooo adorable and the card is gorgeous!
Hello,glad to meet you !
aureliaeugenia

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

This is soooooooo cute!! Ok, I used to have a T-shirt that said, I'm so mechanically inclined, I screw up everything! I get cutting the slits across the score and reverse folding, but I'm not getting the 3 sizes. It looks like 3 slits, each one a bit longer than the other, but that's not working on my scratch paper model. Help!! lol You can edit out this question part of my comment if you want.

Karen (carefree creations) said...

That is seriously cool! Thanks for sharing! Love your colors/patterns.

Lynda said...

Wow is right....your card is so very cool! Can you share the measurments?

Margie said...

What a beautiful card! I love the pop up presents.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Love the pop up presents.
jmgeisler

Shari F. said...

This is a great card! I haven't seen anything like this before. Your blog is on my list of favorites. : )

Doris said...

HB Gideon! Way to go on the back of that couch!

Deb Speijers said...

Oh this is just fantastic, what a great idea, I so love pop out cards. Will you be doing a tutorial? please, pretty please :)

nana said...

How did you do the present inside. My stepson's birthday is in a few weeks and I would love to make one for him. I love this card. thanks for any help you can provide or a link to see how it is done. This link you provided just showed other nice cards with this technique.

Denise Willerton said...

Lisa, this is fabulous...would love to see this template that you created....may I CASE this card ~ absolutely LOVE this :-)

Elizabeth said...

Love it!!!

debra said...

Love your pop-up card. Could you give more info like the width of each cut etc.?

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Lisa. This card is amazing....I mean this is FAN-TAS-TIC!
I like it better than your inspiration piece.... I LOVE the polka dots too... one of my favs.
Hugs.

Colorado Crafter said...

Wonderful card! And a belated Happy Birthday to Gideon. Hubby and I are "cat people"... we only have one right now and he loves the back of the sofa, too... as well as the back of the recliner... and the list goes on...

Boni said...

oh! This is such a great card. I love it. I will have to try that! Yours came out lovely!

~Boni Montano
http://stampinsweet.blogspot.com

Queen Mary said...

Lisa what a cute surprise for a child! I'm going to try this too! (As soon as I get the crowbar out for my brain to do the math!)

Terry Molineux said...

OMGosh I love this card..It is gorgeous to you have a template to share or sell?

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Wowsy Lisa.. Each photo brought a smile on my face. What a beauties! Your cats and then the inside of your card. You`re a true artist!

Inky hugs, Pauline

Marla said...

The cat is beautiful! What sweet pictures...especially the one on the back of the couch. The card is exceptionally wonderful! So glad that you are giving a tutorial! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Debbie said...

Love your kitty and your card is awesome.
My mojo seems to have taken a long vacation. But you card makes me want to go own without it.

Thanks for all you do.

Debbie Reaves

Twila said...

Yeah! can't wait. I love this card.

Anonymous said...

I love your pop-up card. Can't wait to try one for myself.

Jayne Stenstrom said...

Adorable card! Can't wait to make one. But even more adorable kitty! (Love the "through the year" pictures.) :) Our "baby" was originally named Gideon before he came to live with us! At the time he didn't fit the name, but he's grown so big, it would definitely fit him now.

Xanne said...

Thanks so much for sharing. I love anything that helps me use up scraps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...