Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Weekend and a Card


I just came back from a wonderful visit with my daughters in Ohio! And it was such a "God thing". I found out last week from a friend, that Cedarville University was sending a bus to my hometown to pick up some prospective students. My 3 daughters graduated from CU and chose to live in the area (30 minutes from the University). So I saw this as a chance to visit them! I checked with the college and yes, there was room on the bus for me, and yes, I could join the group even tho I was not visiting the college! Woo Hoo!! So I paid the fee and rode 14 hours (we made multiple stops to pick up other kids) each way to spend 2 days with the girls. Totally worth it! I got to see my daughter's wedding dress. We shopped for, and found, bridesmaid dresses. We got to go to church together where I was able to hear my oldest daughter lead worship. And best of all we got to laugh, eat, and play together! I am so very thankful that I was able to go, that Cedarville U. allowed me to go,  and all 3 girls were free that weekend! We LOVED being all together again.

I haven't stamped since coming home, but I do have another Stampin Addicts Birthday swap to show you.

It is a card that was inspired by a swap I received from fellow Control Freak Swapper, Patty Bennett. I love her style.
All supplies are Stampin' Up!  My Online Store.

Stamps: Creative Elements, Bring On The Cake
Paper: Mocha Morning specialty dsp
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede, Blushing Bride
Other: Scallop Circle Punch, Large Basic Pearl, sponge, dimensionals, Big Shot, Designer Frames embossing folder, Finial Press embossing folder, Adorning Accents Edgelit (Occasions Mini), Blushing Bride ribbon (Occasions Mini)

Reminder: Sale-a-bration ends March 31st!! Receive a free Sale-a-bration stamp set/product for every $50 you spend!

Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Marla said...

So happy for you, Lisa! What a fun time to get to come and spend with your daughters! Cedarville U is wonderful and so generous...always! ...and pretty card, too!

Dame Nina said...

Lisa--loved your story about your adventures in Ohio. I live near not too far from Cedarville (we drive through there most times when we visit my daughter in Dayton). It must have been a long bus ride but worth it to see your girls.

Allison said...

This is beautiful! Love the soft colour combo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...