Today's card is another Stampin Addicts Birthday Swap and fits into the category of masculine. See yesterday's post for feminine.
Before you go dismissing this card because you think it is too difficult or because it involves watercoloring, bear with me.
It was actually easy to do and I will explain the process.
1. Stamp the image from Countryside stamp set, and the Sincere Salutations sentiment with Black Stazon ink on Naturals Ivory cardstock. If you haven't tried this cardstock it is a wonderful choice for masculine or nature or rustic cards. And cheap!
2. Add water to the top 2/3 of the card with an Aquapainter. It is ok if there are bare spots.
3. Add Not Quite Navy reinker around the edges with a watercolor brush. Allow the color to float around.
4. Add Crumb Cake reinker to the truck and ground with a clean watercolor brush.
Remember: it is ok if the colors blend or go outside/inside the lines.
5. Allow to dry. I used a heat tool to speed it up.
6. Tear some Crumb Cake cardstock to resemble the ground. Sponge the edges.
7. Layer and tie the Early Espresso Baker's Twine. Then layer to card front.
8. Add splatter with a Basic Black Marker and Color Spritzer Tool.
You can do this, you really can!
Stamps: Countryside, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Not Quite Navy, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Not Quite Navy and Crumb Cake reinker; Black Stazon, Basic Black Marker
Other: Aquapainter, Water color Brush, Color Spritzer Tool, Early Espresso Baker's Twine
Thanks for stopping! And just a reminder - Sale-a-bration is still going strong! Don't forget to take advantage of this fabulous sale before it is too late.