To begin you will need:
1. Big Shot and Perfect Pennant Bigz die cut:
- Large Pennant in Whisper White for the beard
- Large Pennant in Marina Mist for the body
- Medium Pennant in Real Red for hat
- Medium Pennant in Basic Black for boots
2. Punches for this first step:
- Large Oval in Marina Mist
- 2 Small ovals in Basic Black
- 1 Small oval in Whisper White
- 1 Small oval in Blushing Bride
- 1 tiny circle in Blushing Bride - from Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
3. Continue Punching!
4. Make one more punch for the mustache. Then cut the ovals shown.
5. Punch the eyes with the Owl Punch and the Belt Buckle with the circle punches shown.
6. Sponge the edges of the body and arms with Marina Mist ink.
Sponge the beard, mustache and eyebrows with Crumb Cake ink.
Sponge the face and nose with Blushing Bride ink.
Draw a line on the gnomes "coat" with a Marina Mist marker (fine point end of marker)
7. Use adhesive - Tombow Multi Purpose glue and Mini Glue Dots to assemble. Refer to sample below.
- The sand is Naturals White cardstock that I tore and sponged with Crumb Cake ink.
- The waves are Pool Party cardstock cut with the Big Shot and the scallop border of the Tasteful Trim Bigz die. I sponged them with Pool Party ink.
- Sunglasses are 1/2" circles cut and added to strip of black cardstock. I added the reflection with a White Gel Pen.
- Sun and sky were done by sponging Daffodil Delight ink and Tempting Turquoise ink on Glossy White cardstock.
Copied from original post: I am writing this with a gentle, kind tone. :) Please do not take offense or think I am a meanie.
There is always controversy about crediting other stampers when their work is CASE'd (Copy And Share Everything). Do you have to? Should you? After all they put it on the internet for all to see.
My own humble opinion: I think it is proper etiquette when copying another's creative design to give that person credit. Even if you change it a little bit! I also think it is the honest thing to do. I try to live by that rule myself.
That being said, there are times when I create something totally out of my head and then see something, almost exactly like mine that was created before mine! Yikes! And then I think, they probably think I copied them! And I didn't credit them! But I didn't copy them! It happens.
All I am saying after this rambling is please be considerate when you copy other people's artwork.
All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Summer Splash - retired
Paper: Glossy White, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Naturals White, Pool Party
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Blushing Bride, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Pool Party
Other: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Bigz die, Perfect Pennant Bigz Die, Large and Small Oval Punches, Owl Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Jewelry Tag Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Tombow Multi Purpose Glue, white Gel Pen, Sponges
Thanks for your interest! Email me if you have any questions.